• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would the Carolina Panthers move on from QB Bryce Young?

Simple for me. You want to continue to be the starting QB for the panthers; will this team to a draft pick outside of the top 3. If he can’t do that, then I’m fine trying someone else. I don’t think Bryce is a guy you can compete with, and I fully expect this team to be picking top 2.

• Pie 1

I mean the easiest thing is to just help him be successful. But he actually has to want to (which is there) and have the tools (which it appears he lacks).

I don’t doubt Morgan and Canales are going to try but I don’t think they are going to bet their jobs on him, either. If he isn’t getting any better, you’re going to see Dalton in there to prove Bryce is the problem and then we are going to be debating Drew Allar Vs Carson Beck for the next few months.

Edited by ProcessBlue2

a smart person who has an above average iQ knows how to properly assess a situation pretty quickly & when to cut their losses & move on  

an idiot on the other hand will sit there with a round block trying to shove it into a square hole over & over again expecting a different result to somehow miraculously happen 

...just saying 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, bandu said:

a smart person who has an above average iQ knows how to properly assess a situation pretty quickly & when to cut their losses & move on  

an idiot on the other hand will sit there with a round block trying to shove it into a square hole over & over again expecting a different result to somehow miraculously happen 

...just saying 

Lol you know, if you get a small enough square peg, it could get way up in there. 

• Pie 1

I’m honestly not excited to watch the Panthers play with Bryce Young as our starting quarterback. I hope he proves me wrong. But I just don’t see it. Nicole and David Tepper should take turns kicking each other in their ass for wanting Bryce Young over CJ Stroud.

47 minutes ago, strato said:

Lol you know, if you get a small enough square peg, it could get way up in there. 

yeah well LoL i can see Tepper now putting the square peg into his mouth & chewing on it in order to make it fit

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, Score Board said:

I’m honestly not excited to watch the Panthers play with Bryce Young as our starting quarterback. I hope he proves me wrong. But I just don’t see it. Nicole and David Tepper should take turns kicking each other in their ass for wanting Bryce Young over CJ Stroud.

I’d rather watch PJ Walker.  Not even joking.  I’ll take a bad Delhomme variant over some conservative weak QB play.  Football is suppose to be entertaining.  The entire league has shifted to O.  I don’t care to watch us try to win ugly every week to squeak by with 4 wins on the year 

• Beer 4

One thing these threads always over analyze is - how bad does he need to move on?  We are mostly fans, not analysts or coaches or scouts.  So our expectations are Top 10 QB or BUST!  I understand that BY was the #1 pick, so expectations are higher.  But whether you move on or not for anyone who ACTUALLY knows football well is different. 

If he is in the Top 20 in year 2 with CLEAR deficiencies around him we will absolutely not be moving on - potential will still be too high, cost too good, and replacements too few.  The right decision is still to keep him.  As fans we wanna win it all every year, but that is ridiculous to accomplish in 1-2 drafts.  Keeping him may actually help get a better QB in 2-3 years instead of reaching next year and missing out on someone like JJ Watt or Von Miller.

11 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

One thing these threads always over analyze is - how bad does he need to move on?  We are mostly fans, not analysts or coaches or scouts.  So our expectations are Top 10 QB or BUST!  I understand that BY was the #1 pick, so expectations are higher.  But whether you move on or not for anyone who ACTUALLY knows football well is different. 

If he is in the Top 20 in year 2 with CLEAR deficiencies around him we will absolutely not be moving on - potential will still be too high, cost too good, and replacements too few.  The right decision is still to keep him.  As fans we wanna win it all every year, but that is ridiculous to accomplish in 1-2 drafts.  Keeping him may actually help get a better QB in 2-3 years instead of reaching next year and missing out on someone like JJ Watt or Von Miller.

my expectation last year was top 32.  He failed that.  He could of lost every freaking game for all I care and just showed legit wow moments here or there.   That would have been fine.  

Scariest part of Bryce Young...he never really had any moments that showed he should of been drafted high, let alone mortgaging the farm for him at #1.   Bryce looks like a pretty clear deficiency to date for the O. He bring the O down, playcalling down, WR play down and skews how the D plays. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, bandu said:

yeah well LoL i can see Tepper now putting the square peg into his mouth & chewing on it in order to make it fit

You realize you are talking about Bryce.... right?

Tepper, small square peg? 

Did you mean Nicole? 

16 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Please, for my ignorant ass, tell who the deficiencies are, so I can order their participation trophies for the team banquet.  Gonna say Corbett maybe? Who gets one?

14 hours ago, Waldo said:

So many excuses and so few reasons to give any doubts. The new team motto should be Looking terrible but with lots of excuses.

CmC looked like a stud on some bad teams here. Great players do. Moore had 1000 yard seasons in this dumpster fire. It's a BS argument that you can't evaluate Young at all or should give him a complete pass. Or that he wasn't part of last years mess and was just at the mercy of it. That just sounds like desperate and blind hope to me.

I think history is not going to be kind to the Panthers trading CMC and DJ Moore away. Panthers offense was set up to be very good with even average QB play after Cam was released, but boy howdy did they f*ck that up. 

• Beer 1