• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would the Carolina Panthers move on from QB Bryce Young?

I mean, yeah, I think Bryce this season is battling for his job to an extent.  I think he has to climb the ladder after such a bad year or any well run team would move on. 

• Pie 7

Well financially I don't see a trade going down, if they cut him it'd be $10-12M cap hits for the next two years. Would it be too awkward for him to back up a vet? Or go into a camp battle with a rookie QB next year? All hypothetically if this year obviously doesn't work out

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

They will move on from Young if he doesn't win at least 8 games.

I'm sure some team will take a flyer on him via trade. They'll chalk it up to bad team bad owner and having two coaching staffs in two years

I don’t know if the wins matter as much as the performance. Burrow would do good to get 8 wins with our current roster.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t know if the wins matter as much as the performance. Burrow would do good to get 8 wins with our current roster.

Yeah, if the defense plays great and wins us a few games but Young still looks terrible, we will be moving on from Young.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am surprised this even a question.  If he looks bad again this year, its almost a guarantee they will move on, just like the Bears did with Fields, the forty whiners did with Lance, and many other teams do after a couple of years.  

They want listeners. Slurping him was so 2023.

Radio is so hard to listen to because they set up these opposite takes, even if they have to make up some outlandish poo. Not that this one is outlandish, but I haven’t listened. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

The if doesn't even matter. It's about the when at this point. It's a what have you done for me lately league and instant gratification is the norm whether you think it's fair or agree with it or not.

For the Panthers they need to stop operating with the sense they only need to shoot their shot on one QB. They had a layup last year in the draft on that one QB and straight up Million Dollar Baby'd that sh*t. It has to be a learning experience. Whatever happens this season you are still drafting a QB next year no matter what anyway. It's time to start being a serious franchise.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1