• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 14th

Icege

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Its straight up not fair that our divisional opponents get to play our offense twice.

we've been the get right game ever since 2018 along with free stats. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

"Again, the interceptions happen when we're trying, you know, so I have no problem with that. If we're not throwing interceptions, we're not trying stuff."

I get Canales rationale here as the head coach. He's trying to encourage calm and patience.

But this logic to ugly turnovers could just have easily been applied to someone like Sam Darnold. Based on this logic he would still be here.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

DC is saying what a few people on here already stated.

"Again, the interceptions happen when we're trying, you know, so I have no problem with that. If we're not throwing interceptions, we're not trying stuff. We're not trying to make those types of throws and, we know NFL football is tightly placed throws."

1 minute ago, frankw said:

"Again, the interceptions happen when we're trying, you know, so I have no problem with that. If we're not throwing interceptions, we're not trying stuff."

I get Canales rationale here as the head coach. He's trying to encourage calm and patience.

But this logic to ugly turnovers could just have easily been applied to someone like Sam Darnold. Based on this logic he would still be here.

This is positive coach speak stuff that I wouldn't read too much into.

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Top 20 would still be tough to not bring someone else in.  That still is pretty shitty all things considered

Id normally agree but if he actually is top 20 we need to invest in other places and just hope he takes another step. This roster is just so fuging bad it needs help all over. If he shits the bed in year three in this scenario then we can just decline his 5th year, bring in a shiney new first round QB(arch plz) and let the best player win the job.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

You have all sorts of cases.  Didn't Peyton Manning set a record for INTs his rookie year?  It's a good way to grow and evaluate young QBs.  The probably for players like Darnold is they haven't seemed to learn from them and keep doing them in similar situations year after year.  As long as there is good with it, I'm happy with Bryce being more aggressive this year.   Hell even if it's just bad, it will tell us what we need to know.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

okay so lets talk about how well the defense seems to be doing

how do you do that without talking about bryce? or coming back to it? Just ignore it?

hot take, more interested to see how the D does vs a real offense than bryce young vs the jets D(rip) tomorrow.

I’d have no problems with 2 interceptions a practice if that meant at least 1-2 big time throws BUT there hasn’t been any real highlight throws all camp

even his 1 completion to XL today across the middle was a god awful throw

Spare me the Peyton Manning interception stuff. Manning threw 26 touchdowns his rookie season 

3 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I gave a statistic, cut and dry, that Bryce threw fewer picks %-wise than the league average.

Cherry picking one statistic to support your argument without context isn't good faith debate.

For example, I could cherry pick bad throw %, of which Bryce was the worst in the league by a mile at 21.5%.  But that would lack the context of pressure, wr quality, play calling, quality of opponent and many other context pieces that may help explain why he threw so many poor passes.

Cherry picking interception percentage ignores how lucky he may have been with dropped interceptions, which was quite lucky by the way.  It was almost extraordinary how many interceptions he threw that were between the numbers and dropped.  It also ignores weather, injuries, quality of opponent, hell maybe the receiver fell or didn't fall for another guy.  The point being a single stat in a vacuum does nothing but make your argument look feeble.  

Look I get it, you like Bryce or at least you're a glass half full guy.  Anyone else with a shred of doubt is a hater or cynic, always dismissing the possibility that we're just Panthers fans commenting on what we've observed.  I would be thrilled for Bryce to blow up and make us relevant this year.  I wouldn't give one single shitz about the crowd in here that would rush to tell me how wrong I was.  I'm capable of observing what's happened and judging just that.  I want to see quality football.  I linger on this board all day because I'm obsessed with the Panthers not because I'm obsessed with shitting on Bryce.

• Beer 2