• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 14th

Icege

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

Another potential worst case scenario is Bryce sucks and is benched by week 7 and the red rocket wins us 6 games and we finish with like a 7-10 record.

OK so there are 3 worst case scenarios guys, not 2.

The stats aren't in our favor.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TD alt said:

I am highly skeptical of Bryce, but I also acknowledge that he was in a terrible situation last year. I would think that any honest Panthers fan will acknowledge that truth. And all that being said, right or wrong, Bryce is going to get his opportunity to show that his decidedly terrible play as a rookie was more the result of bad coaching and being in a bad situation than just being bad. I have doubts, but, intellectually I know that the possibility that he's markedly better than he showed last season is just that: a possibility. As such, I'm not interested in taking part in a whole lot of back and forth about how much he sucks. It just doesn't interest me. I'm just going to wait and see what unfolds and develop my opinion from there. Y'all have heard me say it before: Crystal balls are overrated. 

I'm certainly not going to set any opinion in stone based upon the disjointed collaboration and unholy concoction of coaching that took place last season. We were a sh¡t show on offense for multiple reasons, outside of Bryce, and it's impossible to figure out what players (coaches, coordinators and managers included) bore what percentage of the responsibility. 

Bro, I think all but maybe 1 "Bryce stan" feels the same way. Objectivity is usually the best approach. Usually. 

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Help me out here because I am having trouble with my research.  Who was the last 5'10 180lb qb that was successful?

Were you one of those people who didn't want CJ Stroud cause he went to Ohio State?  Cause that sounds awfully similar to those "who was the last Ohio State qb that was successful" arguments.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Were you one of those people who didn't want CJ Stroud cause he went to Ohio State?  Cause that sounds awfully similar to those "who was the last Ohio State qb that was successful" arguments.

Or how could you go wrong with a WR from LSU?

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

spoiler alert: I was the biggest cj guy on here but try again

3 hours ago, strato said:

Talking about gaslighting oneself.... if you did not close your eyes to it, you could see that here are examples of that all over this board. Just because it went the other way doesn’t negate those examples. 

Another one of that crew, did it in a camp day thread I think last week. I let it go but when you people start telling us what opinion we can express about a football on the Panthers, you are suppressing thought. And seriously pissing people off. I do not want grabber’s thoughts suppressed, or anybody’s. Let him spread his own seed and people can choose to agree or not. 

here is the other post I specifically remember just a few days back, and up to that point in the thread, no mention at all of Young, much less QB bashing or hating, so gaslight away

I am not spending any more time hunting this stuff but will ask other Bryce critics to chime in: I am not making this up am I? 

And finally, the thread about hating Bryce. Who made that one? Getting on people for saying critical Bryce stuff. I think I only posted to defend people who had been in there saying critical things, but I knew that was also directed at me. Not cool. Cant take the heat, get him to be better and stop making excuses for him. 

Tf u quoting me for? Just to take something out of context in your little pissing match? It was a commentary at the time of how every thread digressed into constant bitching and moaning about how far the ball travelled and arguments over subjective definitions of “deep ball”. What “crew” is it that I’m a part of? I barely post on this forum anymore because of the constant derailing of every thread into bitching and moaning about one player and literally every thing he does. Whine about a video of him walking to camp, whine about completions, whine about incompletions, interceptions in practice are the end of the world, whine whenever he takes a picture with somebody, whine about his deep passes not meeting your definition of deep pass, whine about him playing, whine about him not playing. It’s fugging exhausting.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, App Panther said:

I wouldn't mind waiting another year for a QB. Nobody in this class screams generational to me like Caleb/Stroud did.

agreed, but there does look to be an all pro talent in Pierce at DE and Will Johnson at CB. Then maybe Travis Hunter if he decides what he wants to do and not have Deion in his ear. Grab a perianal pro-bowler at a position and keep on building!

Since I am often referred to as "sunshine" or "ray of happiness and hope" by fellow Huddlers, I would like to make one observation about the QB-WR relationship. Last season, Bryce was good throwing to Thielen.  The others?  Bad route runners.  This year, he seems to be having success throwing to Johnson in camp.  When I read, "he underthrew an out route" I can tell you that the out route must be run correctly and precisely.  If the WR bows the route out of the break, a beaten DB can undercut the route pretty easily.  Technically, an out route should feature the WR cutting back toward the LOS slightly.  Last year, we kept hearing that the WRs were not getting open---bad routes cause that.  

I am very encouraged to see that Coker is running good routes--he is a 4.6 guy from Holy Cross but he is getting open, it seems. 

This is not to say Young is headed for Canton, but if you consider bad OL and bad routes, all errors are not necessarily Young's.  I am losing confidence in him, to be honest. but not hope.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Okay. So how does it help you as a fan to point out every single deficiency of one player - with almost no context? I didn't say Bryce did anything to show he was a franchise QB. I actually have never posted that. And there are probably a lot less of those across the board than your memory is creating. I call the good plays when they're good. I call the bad plays when they're bad. I point out good protection and tough catches when they happen. I point out crappy protection and drops when they happen. I point out bad play designs when they happen. I point out great play calls when they happen. I point out a lack of deep passes attempted by the QB. I point out the receiver's culpability when bad things happen too. I guess I consider my approach to the team and QB an objectively optimistic one. Optimistic because that's my personality type. Objective because well I guess personality type too. It's just a lot more fun to cheer for the Panthers to me, than to cheer against them. That's all. Maybe you're the opposite. And that's ok. Just don't agree that you should try to convince me that your approach is better than mine. I just remember playing football and never thinking this team sucks only because of the QB or vice versa. To me, a QB's success is only as good as his supporting cast. I mean Tom Brady had his best season ever with Randy Moss. If it didn't matter, then it wouldn't have been his best season. 

We aren't going to come to any real agreement until we see irrefutable results in the upcoming season. I'm not saying one approach is better than the other. No one can. Because there's not only one single way to be a fan of a sports team. Especially one that has been bad for this long.

Idk what the GOAT QB (I freely acknowledge his status amongst his peers but generally can't stand him btw) has to do with anything here so I'll leave that one alone.

• Beer 1