• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 14th

Icege

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why would you leave out fumbles?

They were talking about INTs..... I am still waiting for the data you have that proves Young will be bad this year. You said you had it. 

Just an FYI : I don't know if Young will be bad, good or great for the rest of his career. You guys just too deep in your feelings to understand.

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

TMJ is getting Johnsons reps? Yikes

This team is missing a lot of NFL talent at the starter level but our reserves are appalling. Outside of Brown, we don’t really have any elite players but we are paper thin. TMJ going against opponents best CB? Have fun with that. Anyone think he’ll beat Gardner?

1 minute ago, PanthersGTI said:

They were talking about INTs..... I am still waiting for the data you have that proves Young will be bad this year. You said you had it. 

Just an FYI : I don't know if Young will be bad, good or great for the rest of his career. You guys just too deep in your feelings to understand.

my data:

5'10

180lbs

weak arm

• Poo 1

I'd hate it if Damien Lewis and Diontae Johnson are out this week. That's half of the major offseason acquisitions on offense. Hunt and XL are the others I guess. Hopefully someone steps up to the challenge. Maybe a rookie TE? Maybe a 2nd year QB? Maybe a RB with a chip? Let's go!

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

you dont think his size/strength contributed to his poo year last season?  Do you think his siz/strength got bigger in the offseason

My boy....that is not what you said. You said you had stats to PROVE he will be bad this year. I am waiting to see what you can provide. It seems like you are confusing your opinion with facts....but that's what we've been saying all along. You don't like him/the pick so you will go out of your way to trash it with really nothing to back you up. If you can show me a stat correlating offseason work outs and bulking up with winning % ( or better yet just even better QB stats ) I am all for it and will hear you out. 

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I mean, he started his career off by throwing 2 picks to Jessie Bates lol

Again this isn't changing the season stats?  10 INTs still equates to 10.  You get that right?  I mean he could have thrown all 10 in one games and 0 in the rest and the point Ricky was making is still valid.  

10 is 10 not matter how you get there.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

So, you want 50 yard passes as part of a game plan to what, loosen the defense? If that's the case, a 20-25 yard pass does the same thing.

If a qb can beat you deep the defense has to account for it.   To date Young hasnt shown he can do that consistently or even at all.  Defenses were simply sitting on the routes last year.  I mean poo man it wasnt a surprise we averaged 10 points a game last year for the last 10 games with Young throwing a whopping 4 tds in that span.  Coordinators figured his midget ass out. 

2 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

My boy....that is not what you said. You said you had stats to PROVE he will be bad this year. I am waiting to see what you can provide. It seems like you are confusing your opinion with facts....but that's what we've been saying all along. You don't like him/the pick so you will go out of your way to trash it with really nothing to back you up. If you can show me a stat correlating offseason work outs and bulking up with winning % ( or better yet just even better QB stats ) I am all for it and will hear you out. 

sure man, stats was the wrong word.  I should have said my eyeballs tell me he will be bad this year.  You got me