• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 14th

Icege

Until people start throwing insults or throw out that SH,  I don’t add the IT.

The QB is the hub. Everything, offensively, connects to him. He touches the ball every play. The entire team is affected by his play. Every unit. You simply can not avoid relating things to him when you talk about football so if people have that big a problem dealing with ’the negativity', let’s just ban ALL discussion of Young, or the offense. No? 

I may be wrong but I think I try hard to be non accusatory towards some of y’alls favorite unproven player, and look for what the player can do and try and figure out how it could work. As opposed to just stating it’s gonna suck. Which is what I really think if I had to make a call, today.

Some fans’ exhibit high sensitivity to non believers’ doubts. They are so hurtful.  I’ll play the ‘maybe' game - watch how I present things, try to soften them to non lethal level I would not want to hurt anyone. And I do understand it actually could turn around. Doesn’t look good. But it could. I can sort of see a way to something. I predicted 6 wins lol. In writing. THAT is what y’all should insult me over.

6 wins still sucks btw and should not - in itself - buy any QB job security. 

To the attempt at being positive: let me tell you, seeing this being successful with him is not coming easy. The visualization, I try but it is just an incomplete picture. I am down to hoping the pros know how to see the whole thing, but those pros last year, had no answer. They were not novices concerning foundational football tenets (no matter what the excuse makers want us to believe), and we saw that whole thing. It wasn’t everyone but the QB. He has to fix that perception of him as overwhelmed. Which that is what I saw. Among other players who were also overwhelmed, but that does not give him a pass.

He’ll get a pass when he earns one afaic. He has not earned one. Hope he does more with it this year.   

I could do another thousand word rant on the verbal attacks made simply because I had a question about whether Bryce could make it work at the NFL level with his arm strength/velocity. Or his height, or questioning any of his 5 tools, whether they will allow success in the NFL. .. before the draft. After the draft. All last year, today. His questions are yet to be answered on the field in any definitive way. But don’t bring that up, because that's hating. 

Incessant “find another team to root for”.  People that wanted Stroud and he went off, no you can’t talk about it without getting that thrown at you... my experience posting and reading was you can’t say a negative word. Well you can, but here comes the posse. You guys forget that poo from the summer and fall of 2023.

We are accused of hating Bryce the human if we question his football. People saying we are haters and “Bryce is my quarterback” how dare you insult  him, makes not a single point and adds nothing. And that isn’t negative?

It ain’t a one way street and people that see things the "we don’t see it”  way are pretty damned sick of being called the problem... supporters of Young’s play are constantly doing the type of poo they accuse others of. Making it about Bryce.. Stating opinions as facts. Both ‘sides’ do that poo, not just one.

Either you can discuss Panthers football from any angle you want, or you are limited to ‘approved’ comments. Sound familiar?

For me, say anything you want, just without calling people names and denigrating them personally.

For some that don’t know what I am saying:

"that is a stupid comment” vs “you are stupid”. Use the first one. (if you must go there).

I am not trying to make rules, just asking people to consider changing the behavior to a less personally insulting standard. 

10-4 over and out

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Tf u quoting me for? Just to take something out of context in your little pissing match? It was a commentary at the time of how every thread digressed into constant bitching and moaning about how far the ball travelled and arguments over subjective definitions of “deep ball”. What “crew” is it that I’m a part of? I barely post on this forum anymore because of the constant derailing of every thread into bitching and moaning about one player and literally every thing he does. Whine about a video of him walking to camp, whine about completions, whine about incompletions, interceptions in practice are the end of the world, whine whenever he takes a picture with somebody, whine about his deep passes not meeting your definition of deep pass, whine about him playing, whine about him not playing. It’s fugging exhausting.

And your comment kicked it off bright and early. Are people not to ever counter that?

Apparently you are missing something: If you want people to chill maybe don’t instigate by mocking them.

Prosecuting people for doing something and then doing the same thing, there is a word for that. You can say what you want about any football poo as far as I care but when you ask for it by going after posters you might get a little back. 

If I were ever make fun of you, like say you are something bad or compare you personally to a turnip, or any other vegatable, animal or mineral, whatever... feel free to be pissed. You’d have reason. 

40 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Tuttle is a problem this is why I loved the signing.

That's actually pretty cool and a proper use of music. Now I might have to watch The Punisher with Thomas Jane again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Tuttle is a problem this is why I loved the signing.

That's actually pretty cool and a proper use of music. Now I might have to watch The Punisher with Thomas Jane again.

I still can't believe how bad the ratings are for that movie

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I still can't believe how bad the ratings are for that movie

Yeah you can find countless movies that were skewered by critics that went on to become fan favorites with a big following in later years.

Probably some due to the fact that not everyone loves John Travolta's acting. He's incredibly hammy. Me I think it's hilarious and enjoy it for what it is. Face/Off and Broken Arrow are two prime examples.

Matter of fact I think this brief interaction from Broken Arrow pretty accurately sums up the mood of the huddle and the Carolina Panthers fanbase at large.

Behold.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, strato said:

And your comment kicked it off bright and early. Are people not to ever counter that?

Apparently you are missing something: If you want people to chill maybe don’t instigate by mocking them.

Prosecuting people for doing something and then doing the same thing, there is a word for that. You can say what you want about any football poo as far as I care but when you ask for it by going after posters you might get a little back. 

If I were ever make fun of you, like say you are something bad or compare you personally to a turnip, or any other vegatable, animal or mineral, whatever... feel free to be pissed. You’d have reason. 

Oh man break out the violins for the oppressed and marginalized community of huddle posters who have derailed nearly every thread for the past year saying the same things over and over again.

If you want to “counter” my post or whatever, try doing it in a more timely manner instead of dragging me into a thread I’m not even participating in with a weeks old post you’ve clearly had dog eared for whatever reason. It would also help your case if my prediction didn’t come to fruition like it has.