• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 14th

Icege

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Um, it's a message so there is a bit of extra flavor on that....but making it up? No.  Bryce Young's out routes sucked last year.   Tons were almost picked.  

Didn't say the DT intercepted an out route.  There were 2 different picks acknowledged.  The out route and then the DT one.  You claimed Bryce was testing the limits.  Nothing about those plays suggests that. 

So if he sucked at out routes, then shouldn't he be testing limits with out routes in practice? Or should he just accept that he'll never throw out routes in the NFL? 

I didn't think he was particularly great at anything either, but to say he was almost picked on every single out route I thought was some real hyperbole. 

A DT getting an interception is rare. Occasionally happens in games, but thinking Bryce was pushing the limits to throw one in practice. Admittedly, I haven't seen a clip of it so I don't know what happened. Could have been a ball tipped 30 ft in the air for all I know. 

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, App Panther said:

At some point Canales is going to tell Tepper that Bryce isn't it. Likely around mid-season. That will be a very interesting conversation.

There’s no way Canales hasn’t already realized this if he’s the guy they think he is

1 minute ago, frankw said:

We aren't going to come to any real agreement until we see irrefutable results in the upcoming season. I'm not saying one approach is better than the other. No one can. Because there's not only one single way to be a fan of a sports team. Especially one that has been bad for this long.

Idk what the GOAT QB (I freely acknowledge his status amongst his peers but generally can't stand him btw) has to do with anything here so I'll leave that one alone.

Respect. I only mentioned Brady because he is widely accepted as the GOAT. And if the GOAT's best season was with a HOF-type WR, then your supporting cast matters, or it wouldn't have mattered. 

It's good to see people realizing that they don't have to be toxic in order to discuss the team's shortcomings, nor that they have to be insufferable in every thread. We're seeing flashes! Now like Canales says, let's see some consistency. 😜

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

frank seemed to know week 1 day 1 as well.  Dude checked out after the fist practice it seemed

If fans can see it, you know the coaches have already seen it.  It's like if I can smell it, I know my dog can really smell it.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Respect. I only mentioned Brady because he is widely accepted as the GOAT. And if the GOAT's best season was with a HOF-type WR, then your supporting cast matters, or it wouldn't have mattered. 

He does have 7 rings without Moss. Just saying.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

There’s no way Canales hasn’t already realized this if he’s the guy they think he is

What indication have we been given that anyone Tepper hires is “the guy they think he is?” I’m totally willing to give Canales a chance and I agree with you here about Bryce, but man I just have absolutely zero confidence in any of Tepper’s decisions being the right ones considering everything we’ve seen so far. From the moves this season promoting Morgan just did not sit right with me at all, in particular.

• Pie 2

Just now, t96 said:

What indication have we been given that anyone Tepper hires is “the guy they think he is?” I’m totally willing to give Canales a chance and I agree with you here about Bryce, but man I just have absolutely zero confidence in any of Tepper’s decisions being the right ones considering everything we’ve seen so far. From the moves this season promoting Morgan just did not sit right with me at all, in particular.

I agree with you on Morgan. I thought he did a terrible job this season and particularly in the draft 

This offseason looked like every other offseason recently

I have no idea about Canales but he’s definitely not some super genius scheme guy. David Tepper has made it impossible for anyone like that to want to come here 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

blind squirrel and all that

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Or our offense is just really bad.  Hence why some preseason game action is helpful. 

I still got 3 Huddle bucks and 8 cool points on Canales not playing Bryce at all. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

He does have 7 rings without Moss. Just saying.

True, but I always considered that a team accomplishment more than an individual one. But he did go undefeated to the Super Bowl with Moss, along with his only 50 TD passes too.