• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 14th

Icege

30 minutes ago, Icege said:

Wait, wasn't he supposedly not going to post anymore until September 5th after getting called out?

Was it that bad seeing people not be miserable? 💀

I was gone almost two months and nothing changed.

You are as insufferable as anyone else here don't kid yourself.

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

2 pick sixes in one game to the same defender. We just acting like that never happened?

Eh, his point still remains valid IMO. Yeah Bryce stunk it up against the Colts. He threw 2 pick sixes, but that means he only threw 8 in his other 15 games. Ricky was talking about the season as a whole. Most of the season Bryce played conservative ball to many posters disliking on here. I’m all for him airing it out and seeing what they can do. Give me two picks with the offense trying to stretch the field vs a bunch of check down punts. Go down swinging and who knows, maybe they start hitting on some?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Eh, his point still remains valid IMO. Yeah Bryce stunk it up against the Colts. He threw 2 pick sixes, but that means he only threw 8 in his other 15 games. Ricky was talking about the season as a whole. Most of the season Bryce played conservative ball to many posters disliking on here. I’m all for him airing it out and seeing what they can do. Give me two picks with the offense trying to stretch the field vs a bunch of check down punts. Go down swinging and who knows, maybe they start hitting on some?

I'll be honest. I don't care if they throw 50 yard bombs or not. I also don't care if Young never throws a pass over 20 yards in his career. I just want to see the team start winning again.

Dink and dunk can lead to big plays and wins if done correctly as has been proven in the past. The Panthers just didn't have the right roster, coaches, and scheme for it last year.

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Genuine question, are you illiterate?

So this is the annoying poo that makes me hate this fanbase right now. We can't have a decent intellectually honest conversation about this team anymore, it's all hot takes, overt negativity, or blind optimism/hopium.

Not once did I say Bryce NEVER threw picks. I said he, for the most part, kept the ball safe. I even gave the caveat that he threw a few boneheaded picks throughout the year. One might even be able to associate those "few" that I spoke of to the Colts game as an example if they had some semblance of critical thinking skills.

I gave a statistic, cut and dry, that Bryce threw fewer picks %-wise than the league average. I even said he might not have been making the correct call, just not a catastrophic one, on the majority of his 527 pass attempts last year. Not once did I pontificate that Bryce was infallible and never threw bad interceptions.

Your response to that statistical fact, is that it doesn't matter because he threw two bad picks in one game.

How miserable are you in your personal life? Is the team's terribleness tainting your daily life so badly that you have to grasp at straws of negativity whenever the name "Bryce Young" is uttered around you? Did he kill your dog? Did you lose money when we drafted him? Did you spot him in the shower at the local YMCA and start feeling insecure that a man who is smaller in stature than you is hanging more dong?

You have to either be a sad, lonely individual, or you can't read.

Which is it?

Bryce Young had possibly the worst statistical rookie season all time for any QB ever. That's not debatable.

He is out there turning the ball over as bad or worse than Sam Howell. Who has already been traded from his original team despite showing more promise than Young with an equally inept offensive line.

You're dealing in hopes and dreams my guy.

You can take potshots at what you perceive to be lack of reading comprehension because someone doesnt agree with you or the inner workings of others personal lives until you're blue in the face it isn't going to change the reality of the situation.

If you don't want folks here tell them and they'll go. I'll still be rooting for my Panthers and Hornets.

Edited by frankw

Just now, jayboogieman said:

I'll be honest. I don't care if they throw 50 yard bombs or not. I also don't care if Young never throws a pass over 20 yards in his career. I just want to see the team start winning again.

Dink and dunk can lead to big plays and wins if done correctly as has been proven in the past. The Panthers just didn't have the right roster, coaches, and scheme for it last year.

The 50 yard bomb thing is a weird argument to me.  Over 20 yards is a deep ball that can stretch out the defense.  I guess my point is take some chances vs check down punts.  I want some of the "nothing to lose" fight attitude this year.  I don't see a winning record, but I want some entertainment and we have enough pieces to do so, assuming they can stay healthy.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

The 50 yard bomb thing is a weird argument to me.  Over 20 yards is a deep ball that can stretch out the defense.  I guess my point is take some chances vs check down punts.  I want some of the "nothing to lose" fight attitude this year.  I don't see a winning record, but I want some entertainment and we have enough pieces to do so, assuming they can stay healthy.  

I get what you're saying, but you know as well as I do that most of the people complaining and wanting deep shots want 50 yards in the air passes because that's what "real" NFL QBs do.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I get what you're saying, but you know as well as I do that most of the people complaining and wanting deep shots want 50 yards in the air passes because that's what "real" NFL QBs do.

I believe its more game planning for the defense then anything else

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Bryce Young had possibly the worst statistical rookie season all time for any QB ever. That's not debatable.

He is out there turning the ball over as bad or worse than Sam Howell. Who has already been traded for him original team despite showing more promise than Young with an equally inept offensive line.

You're dealing in hopes and dreams my guy.

You can take potshots at what you perceive to be lack of reading comprehension because someone doesnt agree with you or the inner workings of others personal lives until you're blue in the face it isn't going to change the reality of the situation.

If you don't want folks here tell them and they'll go. I'll still be rooting for my Panthers and Hornets.

I came on strong on that last post. I am legitimately sorry. You're frustrated, I'm frustrated, we're all frustrated that the team sucks. That's not an excuse to be a dick. My bad.

HOWEVER

The first part of the bolded above statement I will not argue.

The SECOND part however, is factually, and statistically incorrect.

Howell had 21 interceptions on 612 attempts. He had the 2nd worst INT% in the league behind only mac jones:

image.png.d1800f0a1c4083b2b62a12773c4c680f.png

Bryce's stats are ugly pretty much across the board... except that INT%.

In conclusion:

He is not turning the ball over as bad or worse than Sam Howell.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I came on strong on that last post. I am legitimately sorry. You're frustrated, I'm frustrated, we're all frustrated that the team sucks. That's not an excuse to be a dick. My bad.

HOWEVER

The first part of the bolded above statement I will not argue.

The SECOND part however, is factually, and statistically incorrect.

Howell had 21 interceptions on 612 attempts. He had the 2nd worst INT% in the league behind only mac jones:

image.png.d1800f0a1c4083b2b62a12773c4c680f.png

Bryce's stats are ugly pretty much across the board... except that INT%.

In conclusion:

He is not turning the ball over as bad or worse than Sam Howell.

why would you leave out fumbles?