• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 14th

Icege

Just now, countryboi said:

I can’t even read practice with because y’all complaining all in the post. I get it you don’t like Bryce. You don’t have to tell us everyday. 

I'm sorry you're right.  The QB of the team that we traded our future for is of no concern.  This season is definitely nothing to do with him, and how he's looked so far is no indication of how he will play.

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So, to be devil's advocate, Bryce didn't throw a ton of interceptions and he didn't have a ton of Sam Darnold boneheaded INTs. He had a few, but he only threw 10 total INTs on the year. League average INT% was 2.3. Bryce was well below that at 1.9.

You can make the arguments that he was playing small ball, not taking risks, etc, but protecting the ball from INTs was one of the few things that Bryce was halfway decent at last season (Fumbles, another story). I have no idea if he was making the RIGHT decisions on a play by play basis because the offense as a whole was abysmal - but he wasn't making the WORST decisions on a play by play basis.

2 pick sixes in one game to the same defender. We just acting like that never happened?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

Wait, wasn't he supposedly not going to post anymore until September 5th after getting called out?

Was it that bad seeing people not be miserable? 💀

Man I don't know. I do know that the back and forth bickering and general negativity about EVERYTHING is getting old. Not sure why we can't all just cheer for the team. If you don't want to cheer FOR the team, then just get another team so you can cheer AGAINST them. I guess that's how I look at it. But I'm getting too old to judge folk. Committed too many unsavory acts in my time to do that.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Either Canales is already in over his head and this is a sign of things to come or someone else is pulling the strings. I'm inclined to go with the latter knowing he's a green first time head coach and we have a meddling owner.

This is so bad. Alot of us saw it coming, but I still had hope BY would actually progress in Year 2 and my prediction of being 3-5 years out from sniffing the playoffs would be wrong.

The trade to get Bryce Young is going to set this franchise back 5 years. Just hope who ever picks the next QB gets it right.

Just now, Navy_football said:

Man I don't know. I do know that the back and forth bickering and general negativity about EVERYTHING is getting old. Not sure why we can't all just cheer for the team. If you don't want to cheer FOR the team, then just get another team so you can cheer AGAINST them. I guess that's how I look at it. But I'm getting too old to judge folk. Committed too many unsavory acts in my time to do that.

I'm still young enough to have the energy to judge (hence why I gave myself a break away from this place for the first 6mo of the year) but old enough to know that it isn't worth wasting time trying to communicate with folks that don't care about anything other than venting their own sadness/anger. I still have moments here where I feel like the misinformation being pushed needs to be responded to, but thankfully now that preseason is here some of the more level-headed Huddlers are popping back in.

Hopefully the folks that have rooted themselves in their misery see/experience that external motivator that they've been demanding or find a way to work with what they have available. Part of me wonders if it's younger fans that are lacking resiliency... Surviving seasons like Weinke and Clausen's made the last couple of seasons feel like just another rung on the ladder. Folks that didn't love the team until Cam though might have a very different set of expectations based on their limited experiences.

• Beer 2

20 minutes ago, frankw said:

2 pick sixes in one game to the same defender. We just acting like that never happened?

Genuine question, are you illiterate?

So this is the annoying poo that makes me hate this fanbase right now. We can't have a decent intellectually honest conversation about this team anymore, it's all hot takes, overt negativity, or blind optimism/hopium.

Not once did I say Bryce NEVER threw picks. I said he, for the most part, kept the ball safe. I even gave the caveat that he threw a few boneheaded picks throughout the year. One might even be able to associate those "few" that I spoke of to the Colts game as an example if they had some semblance of critical thinking skills.

I gave a statistic, cut and dry, that Bryce threw fewer picks %-wise than the league average. I even said he might not have been making the correct call, just not a catastrophic one, on the majority of his 527 pass attempts last year. Not once did I pontificate that Bryce was infallible and never threw bad interceptions.

Your response to that statistical fact, is that it doesn't matter because he threw two bad picks in one game.

How miserable are you in your personal life? Is the team's terribleness tainting your daily life so badly that you have to grasp at straws of negativity whenever the name "Bryce Young" is uttered around you? Did he kill your dog? Did you lose money when we drafted him? Did you spot him in the shower at the local YMCA and start feeling insecure that a man who is smaller in stature than you is hanging more dong?

You have to either be a sad, lonely individual, or you can't read.

Which is it?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Either Canales is already in over his head and this is a sign of things to come or someone else is pulling the strings. I'm inclined to go with the latter knowing he's a green first time head coach and we have a meddling owner.

4 minutes ago, App Panther said:

This is so bad. Alot of us saw it coming, but I still had hope BY would actually progress in Year 2 and my prediction of being 3-5 years out from sniffing the playoffs would be wrong.

The trade to get Bryce Young is going to set this franchise back 5 years. Just hope who ever picks the next QB gets it right.

Just relegate the Panthers to the XFL or something and be done with it