• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 14th

Icege

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Realists don't engage in fortune telling.

You think he is better than Stroud? How real is that?

Imma fortune tell the hell out of something for you right now and we will see: some Bryce stan makes a hater comment towards Bryce critics, and the skeptics will be blamed for being haters when they counter.

Edited by strato

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wut?

People like to call themselves "realists" only to turn around and make proclamations about the future based on their beliefs/feelings. For example, a person that claims to be a realist only to then turn around and say that a player will never be good are engaging in fortune telling (which is a form of cognitive distortion).

ie: "Steve Smith will never be a good WR because he's too short" is fortune telling. An example of a realistic approach would be: "Steve Smith will have to make up for his lack of height by working on his route running in order to create separation and be open for his QB."

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, strato said:

You think he is better than Stroud? How real is that?

Imma fortune tell the hell out of something for you right now and we will see: some Bryce stan makes a hater comment towards Bryce critics, and the skeptics will be blamed for being haters when they counter.

I've got no problem with people trying to predict the future.

I'd just rather they stop gaslighting themselves and others by proclaiming it to be reality when it isn't.

7 minutes ago, Icege said:

I've got no problem with people trying to predict the future.

I'd just rather they stop gaslighting themselves and others by proclaiming it to be reality when it isn't.

Nobody that wanted to draft Young gaslighted themselves, right? Man I am LMAO at that one.

Edited by strato

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

People like to call themselves "realists" only to turn around and make proclamations about the future based on their beliefs/feelings. For example, a person that claims to be a realist only to then turn around and say that a player will never be good are engaging in fortune telling (which is a form of cognitive distortion).

ie: "Steve Smith will never be a good WR because he's too short" is fortune telling. An example of a realistic approach would be: "Steve Smith will have to make up for his lack of height by working on his route running in order to create separation and be open for his QB."

It's not a prediction when we have data to back it up