• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC/Moore/Burns

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah having two injured one year wonders as our top two draft picks when we need immediate starters at multiple positions is not looking great. But we have a 5th year option on Legette who will be like 29 going on his second contract!

I will wait and see how they both look to have my opinions at the end of the regular season. Legette is not injured as far as I can see. Now if he keeps having those weekly, I would be concerned but not based upon so far. If Legette gets it and develops and our second round RB comes back from injury and lights it up I will say far from bad draft picks but I like to wait to hold judgement until the end of the regular season.

I also don't think we needed immediate this week at training camp and first game of regular season huge impact stars (most rookies aren't anyhow) since it's not like we were competing for the super bowl this season anyhow. I want to win now too but sort of realize that's not happening this season as far as a playoff berth goes so am trying to keep my mind set on longer terms and the season beyond. If our two too guys develop this season and become huge pieces of the puzzle for next year then if say good draft. If not then bad picks but have to see this season what happens before I label them busts.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 1

Clowney is known, Horn would be known if his ass would stay healthy. I just don’t see who else could be. Brooks if he goes crazy back half of the year could be Jahmyr Gibbs. Dionte Johnson maybe. Just not a ton of talent that could explode sadly. Thanks Fitts!

32 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Clowney is known, Horn would be known if his ass would stay healthy. I just don’t see who else could be. Brooks if he goes crazy back half of the year could be Jahmyr Gibbs. Dionte Johnson maybe. Just not a ton of talent that could explode sadly. Thanks Fitts!

Brown is one if the best at his position and we just paid him. 

Seeing the same folks that complained for years about the team not taking a swing on a QB in the draft while saying that you have to be willing to move anything and anyone to get your choice of QB in the draft now saying that it shouldn't have been done is peak Huddle.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Now I'm struggling to name players on our current roster. Damn man at least we had some of the best players who we could look forward to watching on Sunday's. Sure we weren't winning a lot, but that was more about the QB situation.

Hopefully this season brings us some new household names. Besides Brown I don't think there is a single other player on the roster who is a known commodity nationally.

It's a depressing time to be a Panthers fan. We are the joke of the NFL right now. Hoping for better days, but man this roster has to be the weakest I have seen since I been a Panthers fan.

All I want this season is for a few players to make a name for themselves nationally. We need stars it's hard to sell a product when you have nobody worth watching. I don't know what this thread is about I'm just venting on a Tuesday night.

#1loVeCAmWHoaAcAm

Um we have a major superstar on our team. We have the one and only Dicaprio Bootle. The best shutdown corner in the league. 

I mean yeah, I remember massive push for Young and caution to the wind attitudes about spending all that capital on a huge outlier, at a position with about a 50% bust rate (for non outliers). It was very frustrating to see that stuff daily and to see that so many people were actually excited and standing in line to throw it all away.

Edited by strato

2 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Um we have a major superstar on our team. We have the one and only Dicaprio Bootle. The best shutdown corner in the league. 

You can’t say DiCaprio isn’t a household name. 

29 minutes ago, Icege said:

Seeing the same folks that complained for years about the team not taking a swing on a QB in the draft while saying that you have to be willing to move anything and anyone to get your choice of QB in the draft now saying that it shouldn't have been done is peak Huddle.

Yes we needed a QB but when you pick a 5'9 midget over a player Ike Stroud 6'4 is ridiculous.  I wanted us to stay put and pick best available.  I'm hoping Bryce proves me wrong in season 2. Maybe he will have a Trevor Lawrence type of comeback season.

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, NAS said:

Funny because I remember most screaming for us to trade these assets and rebuild. CMC was too “injury prone” and DJ not a true #1 WR, Burns disappeared in big moments etc

We also thought we had a competent GM who wouldn’t screw up every pick and trade and then throw a last ditch effort and load of picks/Moore for Young. One day in the future we’ll have a good draft, until that day we’ll be a bottom feeder.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Yes we needed a QB but when you pick a 5'9 midget over a player Ike Stroud 6'4 is ridiculous.  I wanted us to stay put and pick best available.  I'm hoping Bryce proves me wrong in season 2. Maybe he will have a Trevor Lawrence type of comeback season.

Whether or not they selected the right guy isn't what's being pointed out. It's that the same folks that were crying about having to do everything to take a swing even if it risked losing current players and future draft capital are now acting like the team never should have done it to begin with. It's ridiculous.

• Pie 1

We also thought we had a competent GM who wouldn’t screw up every pick and trade and then throw a last ditch effort and load of picks/Moore for Young.

I’m not sure we thought that about Fitterer by then. I am not sure anyone thought he had proven himself. He had a lot of critics. I was on the fence because what he actually did was still sort of a mystery to me. 

Even though I was 1000% against trading up, I did  think that, Fitterer aside, we had very qualified advisors in Caldwell, Reich, McCown, just a lot of people with good QB experience and knowledge of the NFL. 

I think every one of them was overruled.

(Hmm, OverRhuled. Wish I’d have used that when it was relevant).

Edited by strato

3 minutes ago, strato said:

I’m not sure we thought that about Fitterer by then. I am not sure anyone thought he had proven himself. 

Even though I was 1000% against trading up, I did  think that, Fitterer aside, we had very qualified advisors in Caldwell, Reich, McCown, just a lot of people with good QB experience and knowledge of the NFL. 

I think every one of them was overruled.

(Hmm, OverRhuled. Wish I’d have used that when it was relevant).

I think Tepper got his what Tepper wanted.  That's just how it is going to be what that type pick IMO under him.  But I strongly think there was a Bryce crowd in house that got him on that page and confident.  I still think that is the Seattle crew.  Fitterer and Morgan. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Go for Dak 100%

I'm personally tired of passing on QBs because we think they limit our ability to build a roster. All I know is good QBs are usually on good teams. Without a QB we are nothing.

I'm sure Tepper learned his lesson after not pursuing Lamar. If Dak is available you have to pursue it.

Going for Dak is a fool’s errand. Dak has had elite talent around him since he was drafted by the Cowboys. Plop Dak on this same depleted Panthers roster and they might win 6 games, at the expense of the rest of the roster. I’m very against signing any free agent QB to a massive contract. We saw how badly recent deals like Russell Wilson’s worked out. Those level of contracts should be reserved for a proven QB developed on your own team.

The Panthers need to keep drafting QBs high until one sticks, along with signing competent veteran backups. The idea to trade up and draft Bryce wasn’t bad, but all of the execution around it was terrible. That shouldn’t change the plan if/when Bryce is out. 

• Pie 2