• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC/Moore/Burns

could you imagine this team if we took the next player drafted at the position we drafted over the last 4 years? Would have Surtain over Horn, Charles Cross over Ickey, and then CJ Stoud over Bryce. Man this team would be looking nice on paper. I'd be hoping for 12-5, not to go 5-12 this year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Going for Dak is a fool’s errand. Dak has had elite talent around him since he was drafted by the Cowboys. Plop Dak on this same depleted Panthers roster and they might win 6 games, at the expense of the rest of the roster. I’m very against signing any free agent QB to a massive contract. We saw how badly recent deals like Russell Wilson’s worked out. Those level of contracts should be reserved for a proven QB developed on your own team.

The Panthers need to keep drafting QBs high until one sticks, along with signing competent veteran backups. The idea to trade up and draft Bryce wasn’t bad, but all of the execution around it was terrible. That shouldn’t change the plan if/when Bryce is out. 

Wondering about this ‘movement’. 

I do wonder if there are any people pushing that, who were loudly proclaiming that Stroud would have been no better than Bryce with this roster.

And I’m not sold on an aging QB that really has never won with some elite talent and thinking he can raise ours up. I don’t have an initial good reaction to that. Not saying it couldn’t work, but I don’t see it as the easy fix some think it could be

9 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

could you imagine this team if we took the next player drafted at the position we drafted over the last 4 years? Would have Surtain over Horn, Charles Cross over Ickey, and then CJ Stoud over Bryce. Man this team would be looking nice on paper. I'd be hoping for 12-5, not to go 5-12 this year. 

That’s a pretty interesting example.

If we had only hired George Constanza to run things for us. Do the opposite.

Edit: I see why you did not go back to 2020 though.

Edited by strato

The milk was spilt a long time ago. Time to quit crying about who we once were.

We need, desperately, to find who we will be. 

Once upon a time, Steve Smith, Sr. was just some snot-nosed kid with a chip on his shoulder that stuck around in training camp long enough to be a punt returner. Once upon a time, Jake Delhomme was trying to keep the bills paid while driving for UPS and pinning his hopes on an NFLEurope opportunity in Amsterdam. Once upon a time some of our greats were nobodies.

We need that magic again. And soon.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Icege said:

Seeing the same folks that complained for years about the team not taking a swing on a QB in the draft while saying that you have to be willing to move anything and anyone to get your choice of QB in the draft now saying that it shouldn't have been done is peak Huddle.

I mean, they were spot on if we just picked CJ Stroud.

I don't even think it matters with this ownership tbh. You know those people that just have a weird/negative aura about them and negative sh*t just follows them? That's how I felt about Tepper when he first bought the team and I started doing some research. He's the same dumbass that was one of few minority owners who voted to have Mike Tomlin fired. I don't care that he lucked into being a billionaire, dude is a prick and doesn't know sh*t about football and stupid/negative sh*t will continue to follow this team as long as he's involved.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

X- Woods is low key, probably the best player on the team besides D-Brown. J. Horn could take a step and be considered elite and make a name for himself if he can stay on the field. 

The offense, eh… 

I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Go for Dak 100%

I'm personally tired of passing on QBs because we think they limit our ability to build a roster. All I know is good QBs are usually on good teams. Without a QB we are nothing.

I'm sure Tepper learned his lesson after not pursuing Lamar. If Dak is available you have to pursue it.

No one pursued Lamar because they weren't going to do Baltimore's negotiating for them, and Dak is absolutely not any kind of answer. I recognize that it's been a miserable several years but there is no need to do stupid things. That is how the team reached this point in the first place.

That won't stop Tepper from doing plenty of stupid things of course, but the objective situation can't help that. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I mean, they were spot on if we just picked CJ Stroud.

I don't even think it matters with this ownership tbh. You know those people that just have a weird/negative aura about them and negative sh*t just follows them? That's how I felt about Tepper when he first bought the team and I started doing some research. He's the same dumbass that was one of few minority owners who voted to have Mike Tomlin fired. I don't care that he lucked into being a billionaire, dude is a prick and doesn't know sh*t about football and stupid/negative sh*t will continue to follow this team as long as he's involved.

Nobody was saying, "We gotta do this AND get the right guy or we'll be screwed for years!!" Folks were saying that they had to move mountains and take a big swing while others said it wasn't worth moving up because of what was at stake if the picked the wrong guy (as well as the statistical odds of landing the right guy).

52 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Going for Dak is a fool’s errand. Dak has had elite talent around him since he was drafted by the Cowboys. Plop Dak on this same depleted Panthers roster and they might win 6 games, at the expense of the rest of the roster. I’m very against signing any free agent QB to a massive contract. We saw how badly recent deals like Russell Wilson’s worked out. Those level of contracts should be reserved for a proven QB developed on your own team.

The Panthers need to keep drafting QBs high until one sticks, along with signing competent veteran backups. The idea to trade up and draft Bryce wasn’t bad, but all of the execution around it was terrible. That shouldn’t change the plan if/when Bryce is out. 

All these QB's getting paid and you chose Wilson to single out. Besides Wilson/Daniel Jones everybody else has played good football after the contract.

I would do anything to have a QB the caliber of Dak. He's not perfect but damn the guy would at least make me happy to watch football again. In this division Dak would easily be the best QB.

32 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

The milk was spilt a long time ago. Time to quit crying about who we once were.

We need, desperately, to find who we will be. 

Once upon a time, Steve Smith, Sr. was just some snot-nosed kid with a chip on his shoulder that stuck around in training camp long enough to be a punt returner. Once upon a time, Jake Delhomme was trying to keep the bills paid while driving for UPS and pinning his hopes on an NFLEurope opportunity in Amsterdam. Once upon a time some of our greats were nobodies.

We need that magic again. And soon.

Wait you started off saying we need to quit crying about who we once were then you started naming players from who we once were.

Lol we all just want success. We had 2 SB caliber teams in the past. I miss that feeling. Bring it back Tepper!

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, KSpan said:

No one pursued Lamar because they weren't going to do Baltimore's negotiating for them, and Dak is absolutely not any kind of answer. I recognize that it's been a miserable several years but there is no need to do stupid things. That is how the team reached this point in the first place.

That won't stop Tepper from doing plenty of stupid things of course, but the objective situation can't help that. 

This is hilarious.

The stupid thing to do would bot pursue a sure top 10 QB and put the decision of a QB in the hands of Tepper yet again.

I will never understand how some Panthers fans continue to pass on QBs that win games. Dak was literally in the MVP conversation just last season. Before you give all the credit the talent around him check that Cowboys offense. It's literally Lamb or bust. Dak is a baller.

Pass on Lamar

Pass on Dak

Have Tepper make the decision on our QB in the draft.

Yeah I don't like our odds if you telling me Tepper is making the decision.

6 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

I think it's all a nothing burger.  Dallas scored the most points in the NFL last season.  Unless the Cowboys know something the rest of the league doesn't, I can't see them letting him walk.  

Possibly. Cowboys just love the headlines. Wouldn't shock me if both Dak and Lamb have a new contract just before the start of the regular season.

If Dak is not a option then we most likely have to put our faith in Tepper selecting the next QB in the draft. Something I would hate to see happen. Hopefully Bryce improves this season.

37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

All these QB's getting paid and you chose Wilson to single out. Besides Wilson/Daniel Jones everybody else has played good football after the contract.

I would do anything to have a QB the caliber of Dak. He's not perfect but damn the guy would at least make me happy to watch football again. In this division Dak would easily be the best QB.

I picked Wilson because the Broncos traded a kings ransom to get him, in addition to paying him an insane contract. Maybe I should have used Deshaun Watson who I think we all forget still exists sometimes. If you compare those trades to what the Panthers traded to get Bryce Young, it lines up. The only difference is the Panthers didn’t have to guarantee Bryce a ridiculous contract. 

But I don’t get the infatuation with Dak. Why would he even want to play for the Panthers for any other reason than money? He’s played with elite talent his entire career in Dallas and that is certainly not the case on the Panthers. Dak certainly wouldn’t sign with the Panthers to win a championship, so the Panthers would have to wildly outbid every other team vying for his services including the Cowboys. Even if they did sign him it would be a massive guaranteed contract and the rest of an already bad roster would suffer. 

• Pie 2