• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster Cuts in 2 Weeks

Iceup

TMJ is gone and David Moore makes the roster. Coker gets practice squad and ready to be called up for any injuries.

I would say Miles Sanders gets traded but nobody is taking on his contract going off of what his production was last season so he will not be traded.

8 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This is the first season in my Panthers fandom (started day one) that I can't even name every starter. So me even knowing who is in line to be cut or stay is about as impossible as pigs flying.

defensively, I struggle once I get past Brown, Horn, Shaq and Clowney....yet that probably is the best part about the team lol. 

I mean, technically, I can go further but not with the ease of prior eras. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean it's more about finding immediate upgrades off the waiver wire which they should take complete advantage of. Seems as of last week they have a good 15-20 positions that could be upgraded if the right players get cut off other teams

You have to think they’d sign several to upgrade the bottom of the roster- heck a few might even start and play a large portion of meaningful snaps. Hopefully we upgrade the C position, Edge, maybe even a true NT.

Edited by Iceup

Thinking about this in terms of winning this year, you wouldn’t probably fare so well talking large amounts of people that have to be trained in the offense or defense, this late in the game.

But if you are thinking the entire season is a training year, take all the upgrades you see and see how they come along with your system for a year.

I think this should be a training and learning year.

Any consideration of winning must be derailed. Learn how to win next year. The next year maybe the QB we take in 2025 is ready to help. 

12 hours ago, Basbear said:

I say my surprise cut is this years 6th rounder DT Jaden Crumedy.

leave it to Morgan to cut a draft pick on the worse roster incoming,,,,,

just TJ Smith names keeps coming up. He had a sack in the PS too. Seems to be good with hands...

I guess this is good news, but he would make the 3rd backup DLmen panthers found out on the streets. 

I feel they will claim around 4-6 players and IR players on the roster. 

Yep. Could have took a flyer on a QB with that pick but they don’t want to give Bryce even slight competition 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Yep. Could have took a flyer on a QB with that pick but they don’t want to give Bryce even slight competition 

Well when there's been rumblings out of camp that Plummer and Luton have noticeably more zip on the ball than our QB1.. its not good.  Any QB that's gonna make an NFL roster would have stirred the pot.  It seems deliberate to me, but I'll just sit over here with my tinfoil hat and my bowl of popcorn.

• Beer 1

Shake up the TE room!

Jordan Matthew stakes his claim

There's an interesting dynamic brewing in the tight-end room. Tommy Tremble and Ian Thomas have missed several practices due to injury. Stephen Sullivan was released, leaving an opportunity for others to stake their claim.

Jordan Matthews has seized the moment more than most. The veteran is all business and looking to maximize the chance in front of him. This hasn't gone unnoticed by head coach Dave Canales, who lauded the player's work ethic and dependability based on comments via the team's website.

"He's doing a fantastic job. We can count on him. He's giving everything he's got on (special) teams, and especially just with that tight end group, just knowing you have a guy who's doing what he's supposed to do in there as we put our groups together is really valuable at this time, especially with Tommy and Ian not being there."

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

I agree with you, In the 5th I wanted them to toss a pick on a QB and had eyes on Jordan Travis. Even at that point the hater rattler would have been welcomed in my eyes. I liked what the pats did after drafting maye, Milton has some talent. Purdy was drafted a long with lance. Cousins was drafted with rg3. 

Panthers already had delhome, I doubt that happens again for some time. They shouldn't be scare to add legit competition for young, this is the NFL. 

I've statements like this more than few times, panthers in the know {{{{{ SHOULD know they need to add a QB or two. Dalton is 38 and gone after this year. If young continues to suck, panthers don't just need starter, but a backup as well.

Plus this roster is the weakest league wide and Im normally against carrying 3 QBs. But this weeak-ass roster can make room. Honestly panthers need another Jake delhomme miracle. A smart team would claim one of the cut and continue to make the team better. 

You can quote me on this- My ultra crazy prediction next year, panthers will sign Drew lock and roll with him in 2025 

Edited by Basbear
  • Poo 1