• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sax's 2024 Season Prediction: Nope

saX man

15 hours ago, saX man said:

Hej, hallo, nice to reconvene. 

• It's going down. We are done.  We are meaningless. 
  • Canales will show promise as a coach but we'll be like 5-12. 
  • Our QB is not, and will not be a viable NFL QB - this season will be the second and last we get from the strawberry.   The scruffy ginger man wins us at least two of those games.  
  • Evero gets the D together.  Trevin Wallace will surprise, the defense will perform well with Brown/Robinson/Clowney/Jewell
  • Jonathan Brooks and Sanders will both come along by midseason and be a reason we land some promising wins and look aight on offense 

That's all I've got.  See, even my humor is lost.  We are lost.  Lost wandering souls in the forest of football doom.

Doom.

Gloom. 

Misery.

Suffering.

You will not enjoy watching this team. 

Do not draft anyone but Johnson in your redraft fantasy leagues.

But I like it.  

Johnson is going to have 150 catches for 750 yards and 2 tds

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Johnson is going to have 150 catches for 750 yards and 2 tds

Not on the outside he ain't.  I mean, DBs just got to overplay the slant and inside stuff. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Joe Bear said:

There are many examples, because you're skipping over a lot of seasons (and a few winning ones).

But the most notable for me was Luke picking off Russell Wilson and returning it for a touchdown in the 2015 NFC Divisional Playoff against the Seahawks. The stadium was shaking, it was so loud and active.

Oh no, I just meant recently (last 5 or so years). Of course there were plenty of better plays in the Cam Era. The week 6 game winner against Seattle that year was one of my favorite Panther moments ever. Cam diving over the pile in the NFCCG. The somersault TD against Houston. The back to back INTs by Luke against Dallas. Ah man, 2015 truly felt like a dream. Till the ending of course. But every season from 2011 to 2018 had it's share of great moments.

Edited by beo
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

That Luke pick on the Thanksgiving Dallas game in ’15? 

Stands out to me. I have a lot of images of Cam playing in my head but no specific stuff, just him looking like a stud running or throwing. Leaping over the line, slowly getting going with that long stride but once he hit it, a load. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 3

Bet at least 200 dollars on the win total under (they have to go 5-11 or worse to cash in), which I think is a lock with how this offense has played, and you'll win money watching the Panthers lose and it will make the season tolerable

26 minutes ago, strato said:

That Luke pick on the Thanksgiving Dallas game in ’15? 

Stands out to me. I have a lot of images of Cam playing in my head but no specific stuff, just him looking like a stud running or throwing. Leaping over the line, slowly getting going with that long stride but once he hit it, a load. 

The pick 6 was great of course. But maybe my favorite part of that sequence was after he scored. It went to commercial break then the first play back Luke got another pick immediately. That game felt great after being billed as underdogs to a 3-7 team because of the hype over Romo coming back. 
image.png.cff6f04ad460dbcb4ccd55deb380e670.png

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, beo said:

The pick 6 was great of course. But maybe my favorite part of that sequence was after he scored. It went to commercial break then the first play back Luke got another pick immediately. That game felt great after being billed as underdogs to a 3-7 team because of the hype over Romo coming back. 

I am getting old man’s memory I guess., I watched that game during the 2023 season. Not long ago. Forgot all about that.

But I do remember the media talking up Romo’s return and the Cowboys being a super tough matchup and I don’t think we were favored, despite that it was almost December and we had zero losses. 

but it was hot knife through butter time

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, beo said:

Don’t forget TD ending Romo’s career with that sack.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I’m predicting this team will win 1-3 games, and we will get the #1 overall pick. 

Bryce is going to look just as bad as last year. This should be his last year as our starter, and he’ll probably force his way out privately. 

• Pie 1

On 8/13/2024 at 12:22 PM, Captroop said:

I predict this is Bryce's last year as a Panthers QB. And the first six games of the season are his last as a starting QB. He's destined to be a backup somewhere. Even if he had the game to overcome his staggering lack of physical tools, his lack of ability to rally the locker room is the last nail in the coffin.

New coach, no commitment to the smurf. And we have a first again this year, that I honestly think could be another #1 overall pick. So it's basically a complete reset of where we were before 2023 draft.

But here's the really uncomfortable prediction:

We're stuck in the rebuilding basement for the foreseeable future. And we will remain there until we hit on a QB in the draft.

We're going to see rotating casts of mediocre players, coaches, schemes and systems and we're going to remain a low to low-middlin' team. Our savior will not come in the form of a journeyman QB. And this franchise will not attract a bona fide star. But our destinies will radically change when we pick the right QB. It happened with Cam and SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH STROUD! JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

And here is the other prediction. That will not happen if it does not happen organically. i.e. DON'T MORTGAGE YOUR ENTIRE GODDAM FUTURE TO MOVE UP TO #1!

So get cozy in basement. We're here for a while. The only question is what happens first? We get lucky on our QB of the future, or Tepper decides to re-locate his failing venture to an NFL hungry city.

You just nailed it.  All of it.  My thinking to a T

OP I see you and I feel what you're saying.

It's funny I spent the better years of Panthers fandom when I was younger getting hammered and thoroughly enjoying the highs and even the lows. But the highs were damn good because we had a core of cornerstone franchise players on both sides of the ball to uplift the fanbase. I guess we took those days for granted. You don't know what you have until it's gone.

Now for almost 4 years through this new iteration of the franchise I've managed to navigate through it sober. It's been... interesting.

Good luck to you all this season.

On 8/13/2024 at 4:25 AM, beo said:

Just now I was watching that fluky 88 yard touchdown from St Pierre to Gettis against Baltimore in the 2010 game. Honestly can't remember the last time a play that exciting has happened here. I guess maybe the Cam return but I think we all knew deep inside that it wasn't going to last. That it was just a fleeting feeling. But that TD... the crowd sounded so lively compared to it's (rightfully) nonexistent state today. It was a hell of a play. 

Then something dawned on me. Good god. I'm feeling nostalgic for 2010. When that realization hit... all I could think to myself was "damn."

Bro, you don't remember the touchdown to clinch the NFCS Championship in 2013? The Patriots game on MNF in 2015? 

The Seattle playoff game in Charlotte? 

1-16

They are a notch or 2 better than last year's awful team. They are better than 1 win, but I don't think the record is going to reflect any of that. You look at the schedule and there are not too many opportunities for a win. We are, however, the pushover on the schedule for 14 other teams. At some point in the season it will be more beneficial, and easier, to just lose instead.