• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sax's 2024 Season Prediction: Nope

saX man

I predict this is Bryce's last year as a Panthers QB. And the first six games of the season are his last as a starting QB. He's destined to be a backup somewhere. Even if he had the game to overcome his staggering lack of physical tools, his lack of ability to rally the locker room is the last nail in the coffin.

New coach, no commitment to the smurf. And we have a first again this year, that I honestly think could be another #1 overall pick. So it's basically a complete reset of where we were before 2023 draft.

But here's the really uncomfortable prediction:

We're stuck in the rebuilding basement for the foreseeable future. And we will remain there until we hit on a QB in the draft.

We're going to see rotating casts of mediocre players, coaches, schemes and systems and we're going to remain a low to low-middlin' team. Our savior will not come in the form of a journeyman QB. And this franchise will not attract a bona fide star. But our destinies will radically change when we pick the right QB. It happened with Cam and SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH STROUD! JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

And here is the other prediction. That will not happen if it does not happen organically. i.e. DON'T MORTGAGE YOUR ENTIRE GODDAM FUTURE TO MOVE UP TO #1!

So get cozy in basement. We're here for a while. The only question is what happens first? We get lucky on our QB of the future, or Tepper decides to re-locate his failing venture to an NFL hungry city.

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I predict this is Bryce's last year as a Panthers QB. And the first six games of the season are his last as a starting QB. He's destined to be a backup somewhere. Even if he had the game to overcome his staggering lack of physical tools, his lack of ability to rally the locker room is the last nail in the coffin.

New coach, no commitment to the smurf. And we have a first again this year, that I honestly think could be another #1 overall pick. So it's basically a complete reset of where we were before 2023 draft.

We're stuck in the rebuilding basement for the foreseeable future. And we will remain there until we hit on a QB in the draft.

We're going to see rotating casts of mediocre players, coaches, schemes and systems and we're going to remain a low to low-middlin' team. Our savior will not come in the form of a journeyman QB. And this franchise will not attract a bona fide star. But our destinies will radically change when we pick the right QB. It happened with Cam and SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH STROUD! JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

And here is the other prediction. That will not happen if it does not happen organically. i.e. DON'T MORTGAGE YOUR ENTIRE GODDAM FUTURE TO MOVE UP TO #1!

So get cozy in basement. We're here for a while. The only question is what happens first? We get lucky on our QB of the future, or Tepper decides to re-locate his failing venture to an NFL hungry city.

I can't imagine Tepper leaving with the city of Charlotte agreeing to pay 650 Million to upgrade the arena his squads play in. Pretty sure he's locked in for 15 years here. I really hope we arent in the basement by then.

7 minutes ago, Captroop said:

If Bryce doesn't light it up after 6 games....please label this experiment as dead. Huge red flag if we dont get the first team out there once or twice in preseason if only for a series or two..  People laughed when I said 10 years of losing seasons a couple years ago but its seriously in play. Nothing we have ever experienced!  Dipper has killed all the pride of what it means to be a Panther... 2 fluke wins last year...I think this year will be a replay. So his chrome headed fat cheeked suck lips can move the team, no hair off my azz.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I can't imagine Tepper leaving with the city of Charlotte agreeing to pay 650 Million to upgrade the arena his squads play in. Pretty sure he's locked in for 15 years here. I really hope we arent in the basement by then.

Dood, we are the new old Detroit Lions... we suck on every front and been doing so for 7 yrs and hope and optimism ain't gettin it.

Edited by Johnstonny

14 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Dood, we are the new old Detroit Lions... we suck on every front and been doing so for 7 yrs and hope and optimism ain't gettin it.

Doesn't change the fact that even if we are bad I can't foresee leaving.

And to the pull Bryce if he sucks suggestions... (if that ios the outcome) please do not until we are assured of a great draft position. He can pay us back a little bit that way.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 4

35 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Doesn't change the fact that even if we are bad I can't foresee leaving.

Grew up  a Browns fan... Its a hard reality... but this SOB  wrecked everything we had goin on as a growing franchise.  Dipper hasn't contributed anything but losing. Regardless of how bad we were in the past...we always had a chance to win.  Not so much now.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

If you can't behalf competitive whats the use... who wants to be the drunk that other teams kick in the back...

My original response was towards another poster's comment about Tepper leaving Charlotte for a NFL hungry city. I was stating I don't see that happening with the renovation being done and paid for by the great taxpayers of Charlotte. We will suck a few more years. I'm well aware.

• Pie 1