• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 12: Compliment Sandwich Edition

Just now, Joe Bear said:

I don't understand this concept of "hiding them" or "not exposing them". They just went 2-15.

You think every other team doesn't already know they suck?

A run play for 2 yards, an incomplete pass and a sack isn't gonna make things more obvious for anyone, nor is it going to pacify the people on here demanding all the starters play a whole half just so they can create new rage-threads.

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1823007266758336894

It's part of the master plan. Keep their super offensive juggernaut secret until game 1. Young is going to throw 10 touchdowns and 1000 yards or something in game 1 and we win by 90 points. All setting records. You heard it hear first. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

No one was injured, that's good.

The offense running after practice isn’t going to make up for the lack of talent

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a banger of a show

Edited by Ricky Spanish
Format
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

I don't understand this concept of "hiding them" or "not exposing them". They just went 2-15.

You think every other team doesn't already know they suck?

A run play for 2 yards, an incomplete pass and a sack isn't gonna make things more obvious for anyone, nor is it going to pacify the people on here demanding all the starters play a whole half just so they can create new rage-threads.

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1823007266758336894

it delays how much Canales has to deal with.  Imagine they come out and play a half vs the Jets the starters are the trainwreck we believe them to be.  Canales can kick that can and hope he can figure stuff out by the time week 1 gets here. 

it's an all around bad spot.  Bryce isn't good.  It's a new O on top of that.  One that Bryce doesn't really fit or is a deviation of Canales' bread and butter.  Pick one.  We don't even have a functional C at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's part of the master plan. Keep their super offensive juggernaut secret until game 1. Young is going to throw 10 touchdowns and 1000 yards or something in game 1 and we win by 90 points. All setting records. You heard it hear first. 

I really did think that was what was happening last year and the offense wasn’t as bad as it seemed during the preseason. 

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I really did think that was what was happening last year and the offense wasn’t as bad as it seemed during the preseason. 

It's no secret. I'm willing to bet the starters will play a lot in game 2. Especially if the come out and go 3 and out repeatedly. 

Edited by Jon Snow

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's no secret. I'm willing to be the starters will play a lot in game 2. Especially if the come out and go 3 and out repeatedly. 

I'll bet you a button and nickel that you will be disappointed in the play time of our starters. 

I think it's still possible we don't see Bryce at all this preseason.  

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's no secret. I'm willing to bet the starters will play a lot in game 2. Especially if the come out and go 3 and out repeatedly. 

I don't think they initially were, but after this practice, Canales might have changed his mind.

Ejiro Evero at the podium to start

• Welcomes the press to start, shouts out the fans and field maintenance folks.
  • Defense has done a great job despite losing starters from last year. Jordan Fuller, Josey Jewell, Nick Scott, and A'Shawn Robinson though are familiar with the system so they feel like they haven't missed a beat. Attributes to the coaching staff how guys are on the same page still coming back so that they don't have to start over but can pick up where they left off at.
  • Feels really good about the pass rushers. Clowney's resume speaks for itself. Inexperienced, but a lot of talent that is working hard to improve in the room. Have seen a lot of growth from where they were at the start of the spring and how they performed against the Pats. Shouted out Leota, Johnson, and Vilain. Will continue to work with Wonnum and Barno when they're ready and excited to get them back.
  • Calls the safeties a starting three because Nick Scott is an NFL starting caliber safety. All three guys are sharp, understand the system, are great communicators, and know how they want to play in the deep part of the field. Makes the rest of the guys calm due to their level of communication.
  • Dane Jackson's play has confirmed his film. Competitive, tough, physical corner. Really appreciates the way he's been working since he got here.
  • Got to be able to stop the run because when teams can run they can dictate play action passing which is so much harder to defend. Shouted out the DL group across the board for their growth.
  • Good relationship with Canales that has evolved to becoming friends, Thinks he does a good job connecting with everybody: players, staff, folks in the building. Always has a plan but is always willing to listen and consider other options. Thinks the product will show for it.
  • Got a lot of credit from Canales re: defense vs TB but Evero said gotta give Canales credit because they were hard to play against due to all of the different things they do offensively (formations, motion, and player deployment).
  • Shaq looks good, picked up where he left off. Don't have to worry about him.
  • Went with the plan the head coach wanted re: starters sitting.
  • Coaches are invested and pouring into players who are playing faster. Communication and anticipation are all speeding up.
  • "If it's questionable, it's a pick!" joking in response to Person (feed has messed up a good bit, didn't catch the question nor some of the stuff he said about Shaq).
  • Really likes what he is seeing from Dane Jackson but does not want to make any declaration for who will hold down CB2. Likes what he sees from Jamison and Bootle as well. Has to see how it plays out.
  • CB is the hardest position on Evero's defense to replace from the mental standpoint. NFL offenses aren't stagnant like they used to be, they're moving all over the place. From a mental standpoint, CBs have to be on point to play against the run and the pass.  

Looks like they had technical difficulties at the end and in the middle.

• Pie 8

Jaycee Horn good

Bryce has seen Evero’s defense for 2 years now. Bryce is supposed to be some super processor. At some point you’d think he’d figure out what they’re doing out there but that doesn’t seem to be the case ever. 

Derrick Brown good

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Ope, looks like they're still with Evero

• Giving the younger guys that they don't have much exposure to something to do. Also looking to limit injury to starters. (re: Preseason)
  • All great guys that are team guys re: coaches. Every one of the coaches pours into the players. All of the position coaches have a chance to be a coordinator soon. Can think outside of their position and think globally.
  • Will be able to collaborate with Nate Hackett due to their relationship when the Jets come to town (feed cut mid-reply).
  • Pie 2