• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 12: Compliment Sandwich Edition

1 minute ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Someone told me they pissed beside him when they rode 'Its A Small World' at Disney and said he had a big dingus at least. Said he also got the kiddie cup at lunch as well.

Animated GIF

That's funny. Put this in compliment sandwich form, please.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I mean yeah… I’m sure he’ll get a few chances after Carolina since he went first overall. Much like Sam Darnold keeps getting chances due to his draft spot 

The media asked Bryce about his workouts this offseason and Bryce said he doesn’t check scale. He really side stepped a lot of the important stuff when answering the questions. After last year I figured he’d made damn sure he’d go above and beyond to make sure he came back with some actual muscle 

That puzzled me as well I have to admit. I thought he would have been a regular weight demon bro in the off season to add some strength and size but I actually do not think he did from some of the interviews and no fluff pieces were done on him as well crushing it in the offseason as teams usually do. Strange for sure.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Prickles said:

That puzzled me as well I have to admit. I thought he would have been a regular weight demon bro in the off season to add some strength and size but I actually do not think he did from some of the interviews and no fluff pieces were done on him as well crushing it in the offseason as teams usually do. Strange for sure.

Ultimately, all that stuff is window dressing. Either he'll play better or he won't. There will be some mitigating factors, like hoping he wears a glove to catch those high snaps that come twice a game, and his left tackle forgetting he's supposed to block four times a game.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

He literally has no dawg in him. Like at all. Tough to lead a team when you don’t even try to earn respect. 

• Beer 1

Just now, RJK said:

He literally has no dawg in him. Like at all. Tough to lead a team when you don’t even try to earn respect. 

He is not the most hyped up aggressive of fellas is he. Im used to seeing the older guys like Jake's fiery attitude and Cam's take no poo from anyone lead with confidence attitude and wish I could see something like that from Bryce.

1 minute ago, RJK said:

I think that's an emotionally driven opinion. I've read multiple stories of Young doing things consummate with leadership. I wouldn't conflate my dislike of someone into such a strong confirmation bias that a leaf falling in front of me would trigger the thought "that leaf is as weak as Bryce Young, who also can't throw deep, lead an army of minnows into a bucket, or outrun a parked car. Also he's as small as a minnow" but it seems there are some on here who might think that way.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

Ultimately, all that stuff is window dressing. Either he'll play better or he won't. There will be some mitigating factors, like hoping he wears a glove to catch those high snaps that come twice a game, and his left tackle forgetting he's supposed to block four times a game.

I do believe you speak the truth here. Either he delivers or he does not. I hope he does, he seems like a nice guy so im all about rooting for him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

For @Joe Bear:

Someone told me they pissed beside Bryce when they rode 'Its A Small World' at Disney over the summer and said he saw Bryce had a big dingus. They said it was great for Bryce because he also was able to get the kiddie cup at lunch as well so that's a win/win in my book.

Animated GIF

I have come to respect your weirdness. 

Never change who you are. 

• Beer 1

Hell, players rallied around Sam Darnold in December of 2022 (a.k.a. "the one month it was fun to be a fan and we were maybe good" in the last 5 years). I don't know how good a leader Darnold is, and unless we're on the inside, most of our opinions are rooted in personal bias or hopium.

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

I do believe you speak the truth here. Either he delivers or he does not. I hope he does, he seems like a nice guy so im all about rooting for him.

I'm rooting for Bryce, for sure. I don't think it'll make much difference, but I know of at least one example when a non-rookie Panther QB stunk up camp and the preseason, had people thinking he didn't earn the starting job, and then he started the season off well and put up better numbers than expected. (He also wore No. 9).

• Beer 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I have come to respect your weirdness. 

Never change who you are. 

Ive always liked you as well my brotha. Whether we argue, debate, talk poo or chat it up, I always look forward to seeing your blunt odd posts because you are one of the good ones who keep things interesting. 

PS: You got any nudes?

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This was one of the more enjoyable interviews I’ve watched in a long time

I hope they keep Matthews. He seems like a really good dude that could help out a lot of the young guys on this roster 

This teams isn’t going anywhere this year so using a roster spot on Matthews isn’t a waste. This team could really use his veteran presence 

Became a fan of his when he was on Raw Room. He was so personable and funny as Hell. One of my favorite clips from the show came from his episode.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Joe Bear said:

Hell, players rallied around Sam Darnold in December of 2022 (a.k.a. "the one month it was fun to be a fan and we were maybe good" in the last 5 years). I don't know how good a leader Darnold is, and unless we're on the inside, most of our opinions are rooted in personal bias or hopium.

I'm rooting for Bryce, for sure. I don't think it'll make much difference, but I know of at least one example when a non-rookie Panther QB stunk up camp and the preseason, had people thinking he didn't earn the starting job, and then he started the season off well and put up better numbers than expected. (He also wore No. 9).

we went down 35-0 before the half in one of those Dec games, man oh man, what a time to be a fan LOL.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1