• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 12: Compliment Sandwich Edition

20 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Is this the definition of coddling the offense? Pads were too hard so they went back to shells to make it easier on them?

I saw someone say they did it last week too. That doesn’t answer your question though. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Cam was really good at being a tone and tempo setter out of the gate.  Also, even though it wasn't polished....his disgust for apathy, losing and being against the culture that frankly existed IMO are forms of his leadership. 

Jake was also a tone setter out of the gate.  Energy.  Fight.  

We have lacked offensive energy for some time.  CMC and DJ Moore were just good at football. 

Don’t forget Steve Beurlein replacing Kerry Collins, “there’s a new sheriff in town”

24 minutes ago, Candler Cat said:

That catch & TD in the NFCCG, the upper deck was shaking, loudest id heard it in BOA until the Luke pick6

I remember that guy dropping every pass during that preseason.

6 hours ago, Castavar said:

He seems like a very smart young man. I think he's come to the realization that he is indeed too small to be a QB in the NFL. Couple that with a weak arm and his confidence is shattered. He can't make the plays he used to in college because everybody is faster, smarter, bigger, and stronger in the NFL. I think he's starting to doubt his own ability. This Jets joint practice will say a lot.

I went and watched his high school highlights the other day. Bryce was a legit dual threat QB and was able to out athlete guys. His HS highlights are special 

Then at Bama that dual threat was no longer. As guy were more athletic. The throws became less special. 

Bryce has been trending the wrong direction and at this level his size has finally caught up to him. For me it was the fact he showed up this year without looking like he did much working out this offseason. Like you said I think he knows he’s toast. 

4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Does every thread turn into bitching about Bryce?

From my experience, yes.

If you don't like seeing 3/4 of every post being about Bryce Young being short, weak, dumb, frail, slow (I recall some plays last year that speak to the contrary there) and numerous other terms, don't open any threads.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I went and watched his high school highlights the other day. Bryce was a legit dual threat QB and was able to out athlete guys. His HS highlights are special 

Then at Bama that dual threat was no longer. As guy were more athletic. The throws became less special. 

Bryce has been trending the wrong direction and at this level his size has finally caught up to him. For me it was the fact he showed up this year without looking like he did much working out this offseason. Like you said I think he knows he’s toast. 

If this is true, what are your thoughts on what he does? Just ride it out as long as he can and collect the checks?

9 hours ago, Icege said:

Wait, Jordan Matthews is speaking to the press. I can't find the video on Twitter nor YouTube tho. Beat reporters catching the responses tho.

This was one of the more enjoyable interviews I’ve watched in a long time

I hope they keep Matthews. He seems like a really good dude that could help out a lot of the young guys on this roster 

This teams isn’t going anywhere this year so using a roster spot on Matthews isn’t a waste. This team could really use his veteran presence 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

From my experience, yes.

If you don't like seeing 3/4 of every post being about Bryce Young being short, weak, dumb, frail, slow (I recall some plays last year that speak to the contrary there) and numerous other terms, don't open any threads.

Someone told me they pissed beside him when they rode 'Its A Small World' at Disney and said he had a big dingus at least. Said he also got the kiddie cup at lunch as well.

Animated GIF

Edited by Ricky Prickles

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

If this is true, what are your thoughts on what he does? Just ride it out as long as he can and collect the checks?

I mean yeah… I’m sure he’ll get a few chances after Carolina since he went first overall. Much like Sam Darnold keeps getting chances due to his draft spot 

The media asked Bryce about his workouts this offseason and Bryce said he doesn’t check scale. He really side stepped a lot of the important stuff when answering the questions. After last year I figured he’d made damn sure he’d go above and beyond to make sure he came back with some actual muscle