• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 12: Compliment Sandwich Edition

Just now, electro's horse said:

its not just about his height. he is so frail. He's just impossibly tiny. he looked small at alabama and now in the pros it's comical.

i will go to my grave saying this but i refuse to believe any players with NFL experience saw bryce in person and thought it could work out. This was all 100% tepper.

Not only that, if you ARE going to be that frail and low weight, you gotta have some burners. You can't be letting DT's and DE's run you down, which we saw all last year. Like you said, there's no damn way NFL scouts saw Bryce in person and said "yeah, his size won't be a problem at all". There's just no way. Reich was known to ALWAYS go with bigger QBs, and you mean to tell me at this point of his career he just did a 180 and went with Bryce? Yeah right, people and the media can try to BS me all they want, I refuse to believe teams had Bryce #1 on their draft boards after meeting with him and seeing how small he was.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

LOL, for real? I'm like one of that dudes biggest fans in the world and even I had forgotten about him.

Sorry man I figured maybe you would like to hunt it down. I didn’t mean to insult the Legend. 

So theilen  basically said

28 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

So theilen basically said in his interview that Bryce wasn't comfortable making tough throws last year. He had no trust in the receivers or himself.  Don't want to sound like a smart ass  but I said in pre draft the throws he made in college weren't nfl level throws, he seemed only comfortable when guys were running wide open and thats just not the nfl level game.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So theilen basically said in his interview that Bryce wasn't comfortable making tough throws last year. He had no trust in the receivers or himself.  Don't want to sound like a smart ass  but I said in pre draft the throws he made in college weren't nfl level throws, he seemed only comfortable when guys were running wide open and thats just not the nfl level game.

Eh, he's here and the starter until he gets either benched, quits(like Collins), his contract runs out, or is traded.

Max Headroom Deal With It GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Matt Rhule vibes

If the Tepper era had a Hall of Honor, Matt Rhule is at the front of the line.  Put some respect on that name. 

The Tepper Era Mount Rushmore.  Where is an AI image creator when you need it. 

Matt Rhule, PJ or Sam (you either pick win % or total wins), Sir Purr but carved as a bear, and last.....way off to the right and basically looking like different monument you put Derrick Brown. 

45 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

But then he said that he is comfortable making them now right?  I've seen him make contested throws even last year.  They weren't the bomb passes like people are wanting to see, but that showed off his anticipation and touch which he has in the mid to short passes.  

I hope we don't have to watch Plummer again for 3 plus quarters.

I'm glad to see Clowney showing up against Moton.  He need him to show out this year.

Edited by ForJimmy
Forgot my sammy
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This is simply not true

4 hours ago, Castavar said:

I just don't see the leadership in Bryce. You think Cam (yes I always compare Bryce to Cam because Cam was a REAL leader) wouldn't be chewing this offense out if we continued looking like this? He would be in people faces or fighting the defense because he was a true alpha. He wouldn't stand by and let this offense be THIS bad. A true alpha, a true leader. Bryce has to figure something out, or fake it. This is YOUR team bro. YOU were drafted #1, take the reigns man. Get loud, chew some asses out, let it be known that this is unacceptable.....SOMETHING!

Oh yeah, I'm excited for this defense this year. Evero is the ONLY thing about this team that I am confident in. He has done more with less for a long time now, dating back to his Broncos days. I actually like the players we brought in on defense. Clowney is going to be a DAWG, and I like all the new CBs. ALL of them were playing sound football against the Pats. Just sucks we are going to waste it with a historically bad offense.

Bro?! Cam wasn't chewing anybody out his rookie season. And he had the best rookie QB season in history at the time. Bryce would look like a fake/fool trying to crap on vets as an underperforming rookie. Now this season, there should be some development in that area. If he's around next year, he should be one of the unquestioned leaders of the locker room.

4 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Bro?! Cam wasn't chewing anybody out his rookie season. And he had the best rookie QB season in history at the time. Bryce would look like a fake/fool trying to crap on vets as an underperforming rookie. Now this season, there should be some development in that area. If he's around next year, he should be one of the unquestioned leaders of the locker room.

Cam was most definitely leading his team out the gate though.  His leadership evolved but he immediately stepped into a leadership role.  Jake Delhomme did as well.  There isn't one way to do it.  And it doesn't look the same throughout a career.   But generally, QBs naturally take some type of leadership role. 

But Bryce Young is basically young Eli Manning.  It's just not in his DNA to be what you generally see at the QB spot.  And Eli won 2 Super Bowls.  But he was just a guy playing QB most of his career. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Cam was most definitely leading his team out the gate though.  His leadership evolved but he immediately stepped into a leadership role.  Jake Delhomme did as well.  There isn't one way to do it.  And it doesn't look the same throughout a career.   But generally, QBs naturally take some type of leadership role. 

But Bryce Young is basically young Eli Manning.  It's just not in his DNA to be what you generally see at the QB spot. 

Oh definitely. He led more with his play than anything else early on though. Plus Cam is an anomaly. No QB ever played the position like him. That dude just loved playing football. He would be smiling while stiff arming a friggin linebacker while dragging a free safety down the field. Then superman pose after running over a defensive lineman for a TD. No QB is comparable to Cam's fun loving competitive nature. They broke the mold with him.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Oh definitely. He led more with his play than anything else early on though. Plus Cam is an anomaly. No QB ever played the position like him. That dude just loved playing football. He would be smiling while stiff arming a friggin linebacker while dragging a free safety down the field. Then superman pose after running over a defensive lineman for a TD. No QB is comparable to Cam's fun loving competitive nature. They broke the mold with him.

Cam was really good at being a tone and tempo setter out of the gate.  Also, even though it wasn't polished....his disgust for apathy, losing and being against the culture that frankly existed IMO are forms of his leadership. 

Jake was also a tone setter out of the gate.  Energy.  Fight.  

We have lacked offensive energy for some time.  CMC and DJ Moore were just good at football. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1