• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 12: Compliment Sandwich Edition

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

It's not even about getting in people's faces, but rather DEMANDING perfection. You don't have to act all big and bad. Yes, he is small, but Drew Brees had no problem chewing people out for not being in the right spot, or for lackluster play, or missing assignments on offense, etc. He would cuss your ass out even though all of them could whoop his ass. There's all kinds of ways to be a leader. You can even fake it like Russell Wilson did. But nobody is going to go to war with you if they look over at their QB1 and he's just going with the flow, sitting back and not being vocal.

Jordan in the last dance....whew...they won titles though!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Bryce's body language after that really bad pick in camp yesterday looked like a guy who just wanted to get it over with.

We can argue over what precisely defines a true leader. But elite processing and elite leadership were two key attributes that were the justification to draft him #1.

At this point I'm seeing neither.

to quote the greatest head coach of all time (in the Tepper era)....ONE OF US! 

38 minutes ago, t96 said:

LOL, for real? I'm like one of that dudes biggest fans in the world and even I had forgotten about him.

I saw a headline referring to him as ‘Panthers legend’.

I liked him well enough, and he did some good things, but that gave me a chuckle.

• The D 1

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

Supposedly Bryce is a smart guy so one can only imagine that he is beginning to realize that he does not have what it takes to play QB at a high level in the NFL. He probably is ready for the inevitable benching to hurry up and get here.

One thing, if he starts out bench worthy,  Dalton probably won’t hold up.

So he’ll likely get another chance. Maybe a benching would do him some good. If he is coasting thinking he has it handled, at all, it definitely would.

Which, I don’t know what he thinks.

(I do agree, basically. Going by last year he was overwhelmed physically)

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Bryce's body language after that really bad pick in camp yesterday looked like a guy who just wanted to get it over with.

We can argue over what precisely defines a true leader. But elite processing and elite leadership were two key attributes that were the justification to draft him #1.

At this point I'm seeing neither.

He seems like a very smart young man. I think he's come to the realization that he is indeed too small to be a QB in the NFL. Couple that with a weak arm and his confidence is shattered. He can't make the plays he used to in college because everybody is faster, smarter, bigger, and stronger in the NFL. I think he's starting to doubt his own ability. This Jets joint practice will say a lot.

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

Supposedly Bryce is a smart guy so one can only imagine that he is beginning to realize that he does not have what it takes to play QB at a high level in the NFL. He probably is ready for the inevitable benching to hurry up and get here.

Bryce is absolutely counting the days until he’s on dancing with the stars. 

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

I am able to keep my balanced approach to things despite the incessant negativity on this board.

This team is unlikely to be much better this season.

I already expected that given all the glaring deficiencies we have and so I can get through this season without too many problems.

It’s hard to win games when we trade all of our stars, have some rough drafts, hire awful coaches and GMs and have a terrible owner. I’ve lost all hope in case you can’t tell lol 

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, Castavar said:

He seems like a very smart young man. I think he's come to the realization that he is indeed too small to be a QB in the NFL. Couple that with a weak arm and his confidence is shattered. He can't make the plays he used to in college because everybody is faster, smarter, bigger, and stronger in the NFL. I think he's starting to doubt his own ability. This Jets joint practice will say a lot.

And once again this is why evaluation is so important in the draft. You have to look beyond the highlights, the great bcs team, the great coach, and the heisman aura to see how a player can really translate to the pros.  If all this was the case plenty of heisman winning qbs would go to be great in the nfl. It dont work like that.

• Pie 1

this is now the second offensive minded head coach explicitly brought on to coach up bryce who has hid him in the preseason.

he's practicing this poorly knowing he can't be hit.

dude is going to get murdered the first start he makes. NFL defenses have to smell blood. Nothing but cover zero suicide blitz every play.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And once again this is why evaluation is so important in the draft. You have to look beyond the highlights, the great bcs team, the great coach, and the heisman aura to see how a player can really translate to the pros.  If all this was the case plenty of heisman winning qbs would go to be great in the nfl. It dont work like that.

Yep. It's why players like Josh Allen can come from a college like Wyoming and have so much potential. Same thing with Patrick Mahomes and Texas Tech. You have to look the part first, then decide whether his style of play can translate into the NFL. Once I saw the tape of Bryce vs Texas and LSU, I was out on him because those games simulated how NFL pressure will be ALL THE TIME, and he failed the test. I can count on one hand the amount of successful QBs under 6'0 in the history of the NFL, and we bet the house on that lol

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

Yep. It's why players like Josh Allen can come from a college like Wyoming and have so much potential. Same thing with Patrick Mahomes and Texas Tech. You have to look the part first, then decide whether his style of play can translate into the NFL. Once I saw the tape of Bryce vs Texas and LSU, I was out on him because those games simulated how the NFL will be ALL THE TIME, and he failed the test. I can count on one hand the amount of successful QBs under 6'0 in the history of the NFL, and we bet the house on that lol

its not just about his height. he is so frail. He's just impossibly tiny. he looked small at alabama and now in the pros it's comical.

i will go to my grave saying this but i refuse to believe any players with NFL experience saw bryce in person and thought it could work out. This was all 100% tepper.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

its not just about his height. he is so frail. He's just impossibly tiny. he looked small at alabama and now in the pros it's comical.

i will go to my grave saying this but i refuse to believe any players with NFL experience saw bryce in person and thought it could work out. This was all 100% tepper.

That is why I could never see Reich endorsing the pick. That was the thing that I could never be sold on (except by him in private), and I mark the dysfunction as starting right there. 

Edited by strato