• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice August 12: Compliment Sandwich Edition

Just now, App Panther said:

I'll start out by saying I fully agree with what you've said.

However, it will never happen. Cam was literally the size of an NFL LB and could hold his own against anyone on the defense. Do we really think Bryce is going to get in anyone's face with his personality and size? No. Stroud was the alpha.

It's not even about getting in people's faces, but rather DEMANDING perfection. You don't have to act all big and bad. Yes, he is small, but Drew Brees had no problem chewing people out for not being in the right spot, or for lackluster play, or missing assignments on offense, etc. He would cuss your ass out even though all of them could whoop his ass. There's all kinds of ways to be a leader. You can even fake it like Russell Wilson did. But nobody is going to go to war with you if they look over at their QB1 and he's just going with the flow, sitting back and not being vocal.

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

It's not even about getting in people's faces, but rather DEMANDING perfection. You don't have to act all big and bad. Yes, he is small, but Drew Brees had no problem chewing people out for not being in the right spot, or for lackluster play, or missing assignments on offense, etc. He would cuss your ass out even though all of them could whoop his ass. There's all kinds of ways to be a leader. You can even fake it like Russell Wilson did. But nobody is going to go to war with you if they look over at their QB1 and he's just going with the flow, sitting back and not being vocal.

In short, Bryce just isn't that guy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I can't take anyone seriously who uses the term "alpha" in earnest. Different people lead different ways. Screaming at people who make mistakes doesn't make you an "Alpha" it makes you an asshole. Cam didn't truly become the team's leader until Smith was let go. Then it became his team and we took off. Peppers never spoke, but he was a monster. He let his play do the talking. If Bryce ends up playing well, he can do the same thing, but just because he isn't jumping around screaming in people's faces doesn't mean he isn't capable of leading. If some 22 year old was hired in my office to lead a team and he started being an abrasive dickhead, while he too, was not performing, moral would completely tank and no one would like him.

Preach GIF

Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

17 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

..... If some 22 year old was hired in my office to lead a team and he started being an abrasive dickhead, while he too, was not performing, moral would completely tank and no one would like him.

Have to agree. It is why him becoming decent and leading the team with his play is mandatory. He is in no position to speak to proven players without that credibility. So we for sure are suffering a crisis of leadership until he fixes it.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, strato said:

Have to agree. It is why him becoming decent and leading the team with his play is mandatory. He is in no position to speak to proven players without that credibility. So we for sure are suffering a crisis of leadership until he fixes it.

Yep. He hasn't earned the right to lead in a vocal, critical way yet. If he starts playing better, then he can do that.

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

Yep. He hasn't earned the right to lead in a vocal, critical way yet. If he starts playing better, then he can do that.

Reality sucks sometimes, but that is the deal right there with his leadership. Right now the best vocal leadership he can really do is take accountability in the locker room. .

24 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I can't take anyone seriously who uses the term "alpha" in earnest. Different people lead different ways. Screaming at people who make mistakes doesn't make you an "Alpha" it makes you an asshole. Cam didn't truly become the team's leader until Smith was let go. Then it became his team and we took off. Peppers never spoke, but he was a monster. He let his play do the talking. If Bryce ends up playing well, he can do the same thing, but just because he isn't jumping around screaming in people's faces doesn't mean he isn't capable of leading. If some 22 year old was hired in my office to lead a team and he started being an abrasive dickhead, while he too, was not performing, moral would completely tank and no one would like him.

Bryce's body language after that really bad pick in camp yesterday looked like a guy who just wanted to get it over with.

We can argue over what precisely defines a true leader. But elite processing and elite leadership were two key attributes that were the justification to draft him #1.

At this point I'm seeing neither.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Philly Brown was at Practice signing autographs for fans

I’m not sure how much Bryce is improving- the O had to run after practice cuz they was bad.

Our offense makes our defense look good- young player building confidence!Go Go Go Running GIF

Edited by Iceup
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

Bryce's body language after that really bad pick in camp yesterday looked like a guy who just wanted to get it over with.

We can argue over what precisely defines a true leader. But elite processing and elite leadership were two key attributes that were the justification to draft him #1.

At this point I'm seeing neither.

Supposedly Bryce is a smart guy so one can only imagine that he is beginning to realize that he does not have what it takes to play QB at a high level in the NFL. He probably is ready for the inevitable benching to hurry up and get here.

I am able to keep my balanced approach to things despite the incessant negativity on this board.

This team is unlikely to be much better this season.

I already expected that given all the glaring deficiencies we have and so I can get through this season without too many problems.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Iceup said:

Philly Brown was at Practice signing autographs for fans

LOL, for real? I'm like one of that dudes biggest fans in the world and even I had forgotten about him.

• Pie 1