• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Start Up Business - Looking for a crash course

bleys

My best piece of advice is don't worry about all that technical crap. You won't be selling to the techies. Find a nice cushy PM and take him to a strip joint. He won't give half a poo about the technical jargon and will be more interested in whats in it for him.

/thread

I like the way you think, even if the deal falls through.. the scenery is enjoyable.. :)

Just let AK invest your start-up money instead.

hey, anyone and everyone is welcome, good investment if you want to double your money, lol

whatever you end up doing...my hats off to ya for giving it a whirl and having the drive and the guts to do it...I wish you nothing but luck!!!

thanks man.. appreciate the support.. just have to get this thing off the ground and I feel certain it will be successful..

I'm not sure what business you are in and if it will be beneficial or if it's something you'll be comfortable in, but check out BNI.com ... you will find many many groups right around you of 4 - 30 people who are there to generate referrals for each other... no one group will have 2 of the same business in that group.. it is a fairly strict networking group, meaning they keep tabs every week on how many referrals are generated and if they were legit.. you can only miss 1 day (so you will need someone who can step in if you go on vacation or are sick) and it cost $400 a year to join..

but it is a fairly serious group, so it should be worth the money.. if you join, you will have to take a type of introductory class and they will teach you everything you need to know about being successful within that group. You can go to 1 or 2 meetings per group for free to find which one you like, or if it's for you at all...

people who are in real estate, health insurance, carpet cleaning, wedding planners, whatever the case, usually find it valuable.. then again, if it's not your thing, no harm no foul.. worth checking out..

Thanks for the info, I have heard of them. I'm in a rare service company, can't really specify, but you should check out Business Leaders of Charlotte...www.businessleadersofcharlotte.com They have a networking event every last Wednesday (?)...maybe third Wednesday. I think you could meet people there to utilize your services or at least get your name out.

Thanks for the info, I have heard of them. I'm in a rare service company, can't really specify, but you should check out Business Leaders of Charlotte...www.businessleadersofcharlotte.com They have a networking event every last Wednesday (?)...maybe third Wednesday. I think you could meet people there to utilize your services or at least get your name out.

10-4, and thanks.. will check it out. :)

Archived