• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everybody hates Bryce - TC August 11th

Positive: This defense is going to be fun to watch this year. They are going to force a lot of turnovers. speed, aggression and discipline on Thursday. Noticeably faster. Speed  + discipline = turnovers. When was the last time this team had >3 pass breakups in a game? The ‘yep, that’s 6’ passes were surprisingly well defended. Guys played in position and made sound tackles. BS runs up the middle didn’t go for 6 more yards after contact. It just felt so weird because I’m not used to seeing it. It felt like we had the other team’s defense. I hope I’m not getting my hopes up too much but it did look the part. 

23 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I’ve been saying 5-12, but doubling our win total to 4 I wouldn’t cry. Just hope to know what we have in Mingo, Legette, Sanders, Brooks, and DJ Johnson. I just need them to show they can be quality NFL starters in 2025.  This is going to take another year. 

Going to be hard to know because this offense is going to have to be tailored to Bryce for him to be successful since he doesn’t have a basic QB skill set… like throwing the ball 35 yards, or seeing over his OL.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, PappyMay said:

We are going to have a top 10 pick and have so many needs. Can’t imagine there not being a playmaker who could start.  I think we will be better than last year but let’s be honest we are still picking in the top 10. 

Never underestimate Tepper, I am sure he can find someone in the top 10 to be 2nd team on the depth chart...

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Reddit has been better lately and less miserable 

I pretty much got kicked out of the Panthers reddit when back in the day I said the Panthers should not have given two massive contracts to RBs and that fuged our salary cap. 

4 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I pretty much got kicked out of the Panthers reddit when back in the day I said the Panthers should not have given two massive contracts to RBs and that fuged our salary cap. 

I use google search for random reddit stuff . Dunno how people can actually follow a sub there for actual discussion message board style

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Positive: This defense is going to be fun to watch this year. They are going to force a lot of turnovers. speed, aggression and discipline on Thursday. Noticeably faster. Speed  + discipline = turnovers. When was the last time this team had >3 pass breakups in a game? The ‘yep, that’s 6’ passes were surprisingly well defended. Guys played in position and made sound tackles. BS runs up the middle didn’t go for 6 more yards after contact. It just felt so weird because I’m not used to seeing it. It felt like we had the other team’s defense. I hope I’m not getting my hopes up too much but it did look the part. 

Tough to say…they practice against what was the worst O in the NFL….and had one preseason game in the rain vs our competition for the #1 overall spot. 

I think the run D will be improved.  Hard to feel confident we are going to be able to stop the pass with consistency.  Overall DB play and pressure are still unknowns.  

• Pie 2

If it makes me a hater, so be it...  but, I pretty much was out on Bryce halfway through last season...  I was out on him prior to the draft, then had to give him a chance because our dumbass FO drafted him, buy then seeing him - he will be lucky to stick as a backup NFL QB after his rookie contract.  You cannot just have a QB who dinks and dunks and succeed with no threat of an accurate deep ball in today's NFL.  Look at the QBs Canales has worked and excelled with.  The biggest difference between them and Bryce is that they were renowned for their arm strength.  Canales is really trying to put lipstick on a pig this season...  it's damn near inevitable we will be drafting a QB in 2025.

And funny enough, because we just played them, I actually wanted us to draft Milton late just to have a possible option already waiting in the wings...  ngl, I would really like to see what the cost would be to get Hendon Hooker from Detroit as well...  just to have a young option to pair with who we draft in 2025.

• Pie 6

7 hours ago, SOJA said:

Haha that makes total sense though. We had a great opportunity after the 2010 teardown but Hurney was absolutely drunk on that cap space. 

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Teddy had a much better offense than Bryce y'all. Their deep balls look about the same to me

Teddy had a better deep ball, he had absolutely zero intermediate ball though. It'd be 20 passes less than 10 yards and one bomb that probably connected per game.

Bryce it's 12 <10 yard throws, and then 8 intermediate throws with maybe a deep shot that doesn't connect. People comparing Bryce to Teddy are just wrong, the only similarity is arm strength, and truth be told, teddy had a more accurate deep ball. However Teddy was completely averse to throwing the ball beyond the 1st down markers and Bryce would consistently throw the ball in the intermediate range of 11-20 yards, albeit, With mixed success.

The offense as a whole was better and had better talent under bridgewater compared to the clusterfug Reich put on the field last year.

• Pie 1