• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Stephon Gilmore update!

I really wonder why he hasn't signed with anyone yet. I'd imagine there's some sort or disconnect between however much money he wants and what teams are willing to pay him. 

He's basically going to be 34 for this season (birthday in september) so he's pretty darn old for CB. Maybe teams just aren't willing to gamble on a large contract for a 34 year old CB even if he's been really good for most of his career.

Maybe team are only offering him fairly cheap 1 year rentals and he wants some security with a multi year deal. Especially considering, it's going to be the last deal of his career most likely.  

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I really wonder why he hasn't signed with anyone yet. I'd imagine there's some sort or disconnect between however much money he wants and what teams are willing to pay him. 

He's basically going to be 34 for this season (birthday in september) so he's pretty darn old for CB. Maybe teams just aren't willing to gamble on a large contract for a 34 year old CB even if he's been really good for most of his career.

Maybe team are only offering him fairly cheap 1 year rentals and he wants some security with a multi year deal. Especially considering, it's going to be the last deal of his career most likely.  

He's been making 10m per for a bit. Probably not getting many offers like that now. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

If no one is offering good money might as well sit around and wait to see if someone goes down on a contender and all of a sudden his market changes. Vets HATE training camp anyway. Might as well skip as much of it as you can or potentially even all of it.

• Pie 2

He's still a good player assuming he didn't fall off a cliff during the offseason.  It's just not gonna make a difference on this team.  If he wants to play for us, come on in.  If not, it's not going to matter much in the long run for us.  The 2000 Ravens defense would be helpless with the offense we will likely field.

• Pie 2