• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calling it! The Carolina Panthers will win at LEAST 10 games this season....

Zcustom

I like the enthusiasm for the upcoming season!

I only see 8 wins right now though. Can't really see us getting a #2 WR in the draft or a dominant D-lineman. Gotta hope at least 2 of our WRs step up as well as our DT/DEs. Don't think we will get anything spectacular in free agency.

optimism based on nothing, means nothing.

i'll reserve my prediction until after the draft, training camp, and preseason.

when i did so last year, i predicted 7 wins and made fools out of those predicting 10-13 wins. i predicted a 16 game schedule to within 1 game while those making unfounded predictions based on their hopes for the season were eating crow.

A lot of us were predicting 10-6 last season. That was only 2 games off from actual.....not much worse than your 1 game difference.

If Fox had gotten his head out of his ass earlier in the year and benched Jake, we would have easily had 10 wins.

everyone loves to talk about SOS.....but the SOS always based on last season....therefore it is the 26th hardest schedule based on last year....that doesn't mean it will be even close to the actual 26th easiest schedule. Outside of the NFCW games of the Rams, Hawks, and Cards.....every other game will be tough.

and w/ Foxy's game management.....he can lose the games we should win. We saw that plenty last season. Winnable Jake games that Fox simply did his best to lose.

Sorry, but SOS does account for something. The Seahawks, Cards, 49ers and Rams are all winnable games with the '9ers, YES, the '9ers being the toughest. Go ahead and chalk up the Bucs twice. The Browns should be a win. Cincy was and IS a paper Tiger (yes, the pun was intended). Okay, take all the winnable games drop two and sub those out with games we win against teams that we should lose to and you have 8 wins. Assuming we get swept by the Saints and split with the Falcons...there's the 9 wins I called.

Tell me that the SOS doesn't factor into it. I'll go on a limb and say the Bucs will win 5 games outside the division and go 3-1 versus the NFCW. Soft schedules do account for something and the Cards have reaped the benefit of it the past few seasons. It sucks for them Warner retired or they'd have another division crown.

if matt moore does at least as good as delhomme did on average, i don't see why we can't win 11 games at best. i mean, what teams do you folks have us losing to? pending the draft and final roster cuts, this is what i think:

saints: win 1/lose 1

falcons: win 1/lose 1

bucs: win 2

49ers: win

cardinals: win

ravens: lose

bengals: lose Jets showed how bad this team really was This is Win

bears: win

rams: win

seahawks: win

giants: lose We trouched this team with Moore How would we not be favored WIN

browns: win

steelers: win

is that unreasonable? even if another divisional team outmatches us, we usually split the series with them. the 49ers, cardinals, bears, rams, and seahawks have some of the worst running games in the league, so it doesn't matter what our defensive line is like. some of these should be gimme games unless we're just playing awful.

I could see us losing to the Saints twice or the Steelers. 11-5

Guest silver82blade

ya, we trounced the giants, but you can't expect us to do that every time. they're a pretty good team when they want to be. besides, you know how it is, an nfl team whoops another team, and the next time they play it's the exact opposite. the giants will study the film of that game until they're sick of looking at blue and black. they'll adapt their gameplan, we'll keep our gameplan, and they'll probably win.

honestly, i don't know what will happen next season. we could roll and win our division, or we could have a losing record. it will probably all depend on injuries. we have a relatively good team without injuries, but if certain key guys go down it would be devastating. we have little depth at a lot of positions.

We got rid of Jake.

Easier schedule than last season.

We would have won at lest 11 games last year if it were not for him.

Defense will still be good....actually better than last year.

OLine is great.

RB's might be the best in the league.

We need another WR..that I give you.

If Moore plays anything like the end of last season, I say 10-6 or 11-5.

hell yeah man, we still have a the draft to get a WR

i honesty have a good feeling about this season. call me a noob but i had the exact same feeling heading into 2008. whats better is we dont have the retard Jake to screw it up in the end. i just hope we get a monster wideout in the draft

I love my Panthers-- Always have and ALWAYS will... But this is 2002 all over for me...

You are stupid if you expect anything more than a team who can play great but lets you down...

I am not taking away from our boys, but we are not on the verge of winning a Super Bowl, or dominating other teams.

Every game will be a struggle, and we will (as always) have to find ways to win.

A team with as much change as we have had, does not come out and dominate.. (based on history)

Can we be great- HELL YES- why not???? But to expect that is unrealistic, and only setting yourself up for failure.

So just sit back, hope for the best, and enjoy the moments. Kind of like you did in 2003---no one expected it, but you damn well was proud of every moment....

Maybe it will be that type of season, but dont be pissed if its not...

Archived