• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

richard marshall

invisible38833

Does anyone else agree with this assessment on Marshall: I believe that the team tendered him a second round type tender because there are a lot of corners in the draft this year. It is a deep position and they believe that most of the teams will not trade if they think they can get equal or better value already in the draft. I believe Marshall is safe and that he will be back with this team. I think they simply chose to gamble a bit and banked on the fact that teams just wouldn't try for him even at the 2nd rd tender. I am sure this has hurt Marshall's feelings, but this is a business. He will get his chance to make some money. He just has to hit the field and play well in 2010.

Im not a big fan of Marshal, Id take a second for him. I think Captain could show up given the chance but we all know how Fox is not one to give new comers chances.

and Cap'n is only 5'8"... most receivers in the league are at least 5'11" or taller. if they have good hands, they could catch passes over Cap'n's head all day.

It still wouldn't surprise me to see him get moved in a trade on draft day. I don't think RM wants to play here for some reason.

Considering how well Captain played and that we gave one of our CBs a huge contract already...I'd say thats a pretty fair thing to say. I don't want to trade him just because our DBs were a great part of our team last year and IDK how well Captain would step into being a big time DB.

They wanted someone else to set the price for Marshall so they could match it if reasonable or get the pick if it he gets a big payday. They don't do poison pills anymore but mostly execute trades. I doubt he is happy with what we did and he will be less so if he doesn't command a big price. He is getting a big dose of reality.

Archived