• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

assume this is our team. How successful do you think we will be?

invisible38833

They need more then Smitty (in the passing game) too be a 500. Offensively they need another weapon at WR too help this Defence which right now has to many ???

I think Jarrett can give what Moose gave....we need more than that, granted ideally. The OL and RBs are good enough for Smitty if Jarrett can at least be as good as the old Moose. Plus if they can make Rosario an option instead of having make an appearance once a month....it could help. All that hinges on being the same guy we have seen in his 8 starts.

We need video game points though to be competitive though.

I think Jarrett can give what Moose gave....we need more than that, granted ideally. The OL and RBs are good enough for Smitty if Jarrett can at least be as good as the old Moose. Plus if they can make Rosario an option instead of having make an appearance once a month....it could help. All that hinges on being the same guy we have seen in his 8 starts.

We need video game points though to be competitive though.

Dude I like Jarrett and all that and yes he look good against the saint's 2nd and 3rd teamers. But too put my hopes in him is INSANE!!! Brad Hoover has more catches then him the last 3 years. Do you know how bad you have too be for the FB too have more catches then a WR??? We needed too bring in a vet like Boldin or another vet wr we didn't. Now we have too hit a HR in the draft at that position. Still then we may also have too hope a team drops a solid vet.

Dude I like Jarrett and all that and yes he look good against the saint's 2nd and 3rd teamers. But too put my hopes in him is INSANE!!! Brad Hoover has more catches then him the last 3 years. Do you know how bad you have too be for the FB too have more catches then a WR??? We needed too bring in a vet like Boldin or another vet wr we didn't. Now we have too hit a HR in the draft at that position. Still then we may also have too hope a team drops a solid vet.

Jarrett always looked at least as good as Moose when they threw it to him....Jarrett is what we have. You can't look for a 2nd round WR to be an impact starter as a rookie. You might stumble on one....but that can't be part of the plan.

Guest silver82blade

i think you all are forgetting our relatively easy schedule. i hate to say any nfl schedule is easy, but it's easier than it's been in years.

Jarrett always looked at least as good as Moose when they threw it to him....Jarrett is what we have. You can't look for a 2nd round WR to be an impact starter as a rookie. You might stumble on one....but that can't be part of the plan.

I know!!! I don't see how we weren't in the running for Boldin. My points is we should have went after Boldin or dude out of Tampa who kept killing us. Not only do we need too draft a Wr (or 2) we need too hope we can get one after June 1 cutts. We need as many options as possible at that position.

I know!!! I don't see how we weren't in the running for Boldin. My points is we should have went after Boldin or dude out of Tampa who kept killing us. Not only do we need too draft a Wr (or 2) we need too hope we can get one after June 1 cutts. We need as many options as possible at that position.

Jerry isn't going to let Fox and company bring legit talent in that ties up money....and might not fit what the new coach wants. Carolina is going to be in a great scenario following the lockout or even if there isn't....hopefully what we need at that time will be there for us to bring in.

My original point here is that the consensus is a good WR or 2 and most people will be happy to move on. That really is not that bad. As for the poster that wanted to know what I saw in Leonard or Tyler. Leonard had 1 sack in 1.5 games and seemed to be getting into the backfield in the one full game he played. I think he has a lot of upside potential, but only time will tell if it really exists. As for Tyler, he was decent in his first two year with KC. He started. But when they changed defensive schemes, he was out of a position. I think he will do fine. The funny thing is that everyone seems to think that Lewis was so good and that Kemo was too. Neither was worth their money. Leonard and Tyler can give almost as much for a lot less. That is my opinion.

My original point here is that the consensus is a good WR or 2 and most people will be happy to move on. That really is not that bad. As for the poster that wanted to know what I saw in Leonard or Tyler. Leonard had 1 sack in 1.5 games and seemed to be getting into the backfield in the one full game he played. I think he has a lot of upside potential, but only time will tell if it really exists. As for Tyler, he was decent in his first two year with KC. He started. But when they changed defensive schemes, he was out of a position. I think he will do fine. The funny thing is that everyone seems to think that Lewis was so good and that Kemo was too. Neither was worth their money. Leonard and Tyler can give almost as much for a lot less. That is my opinion.

Exactly correct about kemo and lewis.

Leonard and Tyler may not be all-pro DT's.....but nether were Lewis and Kemo.

The point about what your are saying "you think" and "seemed". with lewis and kemo the fo knew what they had. they may not have been all pro but we knew what we could expect of them. with the young guys we know nothing. 1 game then ir. how can you even project off of that? i dont know if they will be all pros or not, but until they PROVE it i have to say they are a not a upgrade. The only argument that is ever used for them is that kemo and lewis werent all that good. if they werent how come the guys who are supposed to be our starters now didnt beat them out to start? how come they didnt start for the teams they were with?

The bottom line with our dline is this. we dont know how they will perform. none of them have much starting experience, let alone starting experience TOGETHER which people overlook that point. it is not like we had allpros and probowlers sitting behind the vets! they will have to prove how good they are on the field.

whats funny is that the same people who think the dline will be fine is the same people bashing in jarrett. why so much faith in guys who we didnt even draft and are coming off ir but not in dj who has been in our system for 3 years with less opportunities than these guys?

Hey. i think we'll be fine... look how we played at the end of last year when other teams would quit...?? Jarret... i love this guy. i wish he would have keep his head on right earlier. he finally has a shot at the number two spot. he has a bunch of talent and i hope he applies himself.. but yes, we need more depth no doubt. RBs we are stacked and FB, Tony is a Hoss. i miss hoover, but hes an old guy. might as well get our new hoss in there. o-line is awesome, but need depth ( draft and FA ) just like all the rest. d-line is shaky but confident. LBs i feel great especially my man my Va Tech. and DBs i feel set. lets just see how the rest of the offseason plays out i have a good feeling in my gut just like 2008. were good so just chill peeps. 10-6

let me know if you agree or disagree

Looking at what you have there, Id say 6-10 maybe 7-9.

But that isn't our team. It's part of it. We have the draft, undrafted free agents, veteran cuts and training camp cuts to get through before we know what we really have. But id say right now, barring injuries our floor is a 6-10 football team, with potential for 4-5 more wins based on what we do from now til regular season.

:iagree:

Archived