• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

assume this is our team. How successful do you think we will be?

invisible38833

qb - Matt Moore

Rb - Williams/Stewart

FB - Fiammetta

Wr - Smith, Jarrett and ?

TE - King/Rosario/ Barnidge

LT - Gross

LG - Wharton

C - Kalil

RG - Bernadeau/Robinson

RT - Otah

DE - Johnson/Brayton

DT - Tyler/ Irvin

DT - Leonard/Johnson

DE - Brown/?

OLB - Davis

MLB - Beason

OLB - Anderson/Conner

CB - Gamble

CB - Marshall/Munnerlyn

S - Harris

S - Godfrey/Martin

K - Kasay

P - Baker

RS - ?? although we added Hudson and Wright to help as gunners

If we can just fill in the question marks and the young guys perform at the teams expectations, I don't think this is too bad of a team at all. I think Leonard and Tyler can do about as much as Kemo and Lewis would have done and for a lot less money. If we could just get a solid WR I would be happy. Of course no injuries can occur!!!! (and you know that will happen! right?)

Looking at what you have there, Id say 6-10 maybe 7-9.

But that isn't our team. It's part of it. We have the draft, undrafted free agents, veteran cuts and training camp cuts to get through before we know what we really have. But id say right now, barring injuries our floor is a 6-10 football team, with potential for 4-5 more wins based on what we do from now til regular season.

XClown I agree totally. I think I am looking at this a bit biased, because I think the DL is going to be much better then we think. I liked what I saw from Leonard and Tyler, all be it briefly, but they are both young and moving towards their prime. I also think if Brown and Johnson were to get a lot more snaps, they are 8-10 sack type guys. They just have to be able to play the run better then Pep and I think they will produce.

qb - Matt Moore

Rb - Williams/Stewart

FB - Fiammetta

Wr - Smith, Jarrett and ?

TE - King/Rosario/ Barnidge

LT - Gross

LG - Wharton

C - Kalil

RG - Bernadeau/Robinson

RT - Otah

DE - Johnson/Brayton

DT - Tyler/ Irvin

DT - Leonard/Johnson

DE - Brown/?

OLB - Davis

MLB - Beason

OLB - Anderson/Conner

CB - Gamble

CB - Marshall/Munnerlyn

S - Harris

S - Godfrey/Martin

K - Kasay

P - Baker

RS - ?? although we added Hudson and Wright to help as gunners

If we can just fill in the question marks and the young guys perform at the teams expectations, I don't think this is too bad of a team at all. I think Leonard and Tyler can do about as much as Kemo and Lewis would have done and for a lot less money. If we could just get a solid WR I would be happy. Of course no injuries can occur!!!! (and you know that will happen! right?)

When did they show you this??? Game 1 or 2 before they were out for the season?

But back to the original question with this roster I hope Dwill and Jstew can go for 2,000 yards and 15 or 20 TD each because we will need it.

i would put sutton on there. probably as a FB ahead of fiammetta.

i'd put goodson in there as well as a RB. i'm thinking that goodson will be improved over last year...at least i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. he's still young but most of his problems stemmed from immaturity and ball security. both of those problems can be addressed depending on his dedication.

still....you look at the corps of receiving options and it isn't too awfully shabby:

smith

rosario

king

barnidge

williams

stewart

sutton

goodson

aside from smith...there are no spectacular receivers but there are some decent options for an improved QB. if we get more receivers actively involved in the passing game, that will open things up for smith.

the DL is a little shaky and i'm not a fan of the return situation but everything else on defense i am more than ok with. i feel pretty good about the special teams situation as well.

yes, this roster can win games. with that schedule it could easily be a >.500 season. not to mention that there is still a long off season and a draft ahead to solidify some areas.

Same team, same coaches? Not a good sign.

But Delhomme being released really helps our chances. So it's mostly gonna be in Moore's hands, though I don't know if he's capable of being a starter throughout the season. And if he gets injured, who do we have? That's why it's crucial to find a backup, or someone who can compete for the job.

And we really need a 2nd WR. Smith can't do it all by himself.

The defense looks pretty bad. Our D-line is gone, we're missing a LB, and our secondary is questionable.

When did they show you this??? Game 1 or 2 before they were out for the season?

But back to the original question with this roster I hope Dwill and Jstew can go for 2,000 yards and 15 or 20 TD each because we will need it.

we will need the 2008 caliber offense to reach .500. Offensively, I think there is a chance they can match that....close to it.

we will need the 2008 caliber offense to reach .500. Offensively, I think there is a chance they can match that....close to it.

They need more then Smitty (in the passing game) too be a 500. Offensively they need another weapon at WR too help this Defence which right now has to many ???

Archived