• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Aug 10 Training Camp

1 hour ago, frankw said:

When he gets set to throw the WR and DB aren't even in the frame. He's throwing to a spot but he's putting it too far out. He made a habit out of this last season too. You can find highlights of receivers contorting themselves trying to haul the passes in. Bryce Young simply has iffy deep ball accuracy and always has. There just hasn't been any improvement.

gotcha---I just saw the ball arriving-good point

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

How many team period deep pass attempts have been completed in camp? 

It can’t be that many…if any.

If he’s not hitting them in practice, don’t expect to see them in a game.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, frankw said:

The OL was a huge part of Scott Fitterer's failure as GM and the first thing Dan Morgan does is play Russian roulette with the most integral position of the oline. Your Carolina Panthers ladies and gentlemen lol.

Uh, he did go out and get two of the best guards in the league…..

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mhedrick said:

Uh, he did go out and get two of the best guards in the league…..

Two of the best guards on other talented rosters last year. We haven't seen them play a down with this offensive group in live game action yet. And let's be honest. We overpaid. History hasn't been kind to our Panthers under such circumstances. I'm not saying we shouldn't have signed them but to invest such a steep amount and then leave center basically up in the air is just baffling. You can agree yes?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Two of the best guards on other talented rosters last year. We haven't seen them play a down with this offensive group in live game action yet. And let's be honest. We overpaid. History hasn't been kind to our Panthers under such circumstances. I'm not saying we shouldn't have signed them but to invest such a steep amount and then leave center basically up in the air is just baffling. You can agree yes?

Yes, I can agree about the center position.

I would also expect that you could agree that Dan did take some bold steps in bolstering the line.   I’m not one for much critical thinking, football wise, but I could see where the thought of having solid guard play could help make the center position a bit less challenging.

I read someone stating our guard acquisition was a bust because he didn’t play or wasn’t at practice.  I did read that it was a personal issue and not injury related.

I understand they’ve not, in any ways, earned the benefit of the doubt.  But sometimes the negativity can be overwhelming (and I’m not calling anybody out specifically, just in general).  
Again, there’s not been much to cheer for, hell, the one offensive play used in the highlights the other night was the overturned fumble in the red zone.  But not everything has been completely negative…..

Edited by Mhedrick
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Mhedrick said:

Yes, I can agree about the center position.

I would also expect that you could agree that Dan did take some bold steps in bolstering the line.   I’m not one for much critical thinking, football wise, but I could see where the thought of having solid guard play could help make the center position a bit less challenging.

I read someone stating our guard acquisition was a bust because he didn’t play or wasn’t at practice.  I did read that it was a personal issue and not injury related.

I understand they’ve not, in any ways, earned the benefit of the doubt.  But sometimes the negativity can be overwhelming (and I’m not calling anybody out specifically, just in general).  
Again, there’s not been much to cheer for, hell, the one offensive play used in the highlights the other night was the overturned fumble in the red zone.  But not everything has been completely negative…..

I just can't say what they will or won't be until I see them actually play together with the rest of the OL. I hope they are good as is the rest of the offensive line. But it's been an issue for years now. I think the odds of a night and day turnaround are low. Anywho I really want to see these guys up against the Jets in some real action. Much has been said about resting our starters but for the longest time it seems like every year we've talked about the oline needing time to gel and we have a new head coach a new offense and new key players along the position group this season and some people think the way we are going about this is no problemo. I'm very skeptical. These guys need to get out there for a few series in a preseason game. The whole offense does.

• Poo 1