• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF grades: vs Patriots Best and worst

Just now, amcoolio said:

Cade Mays was a projected high 1st round pick before his last year in college. The last 3 years have been brutal for him

I had high hopes for him as a utility lineman that could play G/C.  But he just doesn't seem like he has it at the pro level.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Good thing we have good depth at the center positi…Hey, at least Mays’ backup wasn’t quite as horrible as him?

Panthers are setting up to field a borderline college roster this season 

I shouldn't be suprised as I basically watched the backups of the worst team in the league last year. 

Same as last year ..Defense won't be the problem. Oline, WRs and QB look shaky. 

I will say the playcalling looks much better. And if we catch the balls we repeatedly dropped the outlook isn't as bad. 

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Terrace is gonna get his ass cut 

His saving grace is probably the fact all our WRs were ass last night. 

Mingo reverted back to his last year's mid season form.... the worse version. 

ISM dropped what could have been a a TD. 

Our best receiver was BY FAR the one that's currently a converted TE. 

If thats any indication, I hope we don't play in rain again. The only brightside in total is that we were without 20+ starters. 

Panthers G Chandler Zavala

A fourth-round draft pick in 2023, Zavala struggled across 374 snaps as a rookie, allowing 33 quarterback pressures from 249 pass-blocking snaps. He was on the field for 54 snaps against the Patriots in this game and looked much improved. He earned an 81.6 PFF run-blocking grade and a 78.1 PFF pass-blocking grade after allowing just two pressures from 37 pass-blocking snaps.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-grades-are-live-preseason-week-1-2024

On 8/9/2024 at 5:18 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Good thing we have good depth at the center positi…Hey, at least Mays’ backup wasn’t quite as horrible as him?

He gave up a sack and totally whiffed on his block--however, one play.  He was all conference for 3 years in college, so maybe there is that

3 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
Panthers G Chandler Zavala

A fourth-round draft pick in 2023, Zavala struggled across 374 snaps as a rookie, allowing 33 quarterback pressures from 249 pass-blocking snaps. He was on the field for 54 snaps against the Patriots in this game and looked much improved. He earned an 81.6 PFF run-blocking grade and a 78.1 PFF pass-blocking grade after allowing just two pressures from 37 pass-blocking snaps.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-grades-are-live-preseason-week-1-2024

This is huge because I am starting to think that BC might become our center.

• Beer 2

On 8/9/2024 at 6:25 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

Terrace is gonna get his ass cut 

You know how I live on the edge.  I fear nothing--throw caution to the wind.  So I will go ahead and name our WRs to save us a lot of complaining:

1. Johnson

2. Thielen

3. Legette

4. Mingo

5. Coker

6.  Smith Marsette 

Neck out--but so is my chest.  Get some, Huddle.

• Pie 2

I didn’t get to watch much at all but the only play I saw Leota was one where he whiffed on the sack, then he another chance on Milton, dove inside and lost contain, and allowed Milton to run outside for like 15 yards. Based on everyone else’s comments, I’m assuming that was his only bad play? 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There are guys that will be on our final roster at WR and OL who aren't currently on the team. Someone else's trash is better than our current trash.

Yep.  With the first waiver wire option, I hope Morgan is busy as heck scouting the bottoms of rosters--every team cuts a player or two they would love to keep

• Pie 1