• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players like Dave Canales' energy, appreciate his "consistency"

4 hours ago, d-dave said:

Gastonia wasn't built in a day either.  It take time, that's all I'm saying.  Those of you expecting this team that still 75% the same roster as last season to be miles better immediately need to take a breath here.

That's all.

or….its just another version to the RH Practice Facility 

22 hours ago, frankw said:

That would be ridiculous. No chance of it. I mean the entire org from top to bottom would have to be an absolute PR disaster for it to be in consideration. Canales should and will get 2 years minimum. You also need to let him draft and try to develop his own QB. Which by the way is what we should have been doing from jump street back in 2020. It is so frustrating the path we have gone down these last several years.

Yep. Can any of us really imagine the implications of firing Dave Canales after one season? [Yeah, I know, everyone is imagining it right now]

There's zero chance of that happening. Tepper simply has to be emotionally tired of firing coaches at this point. Sheer weariness will cause him to naturally just sit down and shut the fuçk up for a couple of seasons at least. 

Dear Dave C,

Give me hope, help me cope with this heavy load.  I don't know what your plan is for preseason, but we the fan base need to see something to be optimistic about after having our souls drained for the past few years.  If that means trotting the starters out on the field so we can cheer thru a meaningless preseason game, so be it, but for God's sake, don't make us watch more of abominations like we did on Thursday.

• Pie 1

T only hires people that he feels he can buy, control and manipulate.No Harbaugh. No Bill. I have no idea how Evero is actually still here. Matter of fact, we barely see any fluff pieces on him.. ever. Hmmmm. So basically, winners make him uncomfortable. 

Wilks. Alpha black man attitude adjuster. Our first black head coach, bro. ENORMOUSLY RESPECTED. They’d run through a wall for Steve. Overnight turned them in to winners, thus proving that it was a leadership problem the entire time…. And he was passed over for a perennial loser has been.. old white dude. Sorry, race shouldn’t matter, but it did. Especially then. You think the players want to play for an owner like that? Can you imagine what locker room talk was like? Say what you will about Richardson, but he was respected by the players, for the most part. He played the game, and shared a common bond. He also knew what a football player was supposed to look like. 

So yeah, T keeps firing coaches because he’s only comfortable around losers. The delicious irony  is that T isn’t really comfortable around dawgs. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Poo 2

13 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

T only hires people that he feels he can buy, control and manipulate.No Harbaugh. No Bill. I have no idea how Evero is actually still here. Matter of fact, we barely see any fluff pieces on him.. ever. Hmmmm. So basically, winners make him uncomfortable. 

Wilks. Alpha black man attitude adjuster. Our first black head coach, bro. ENORMOUSLY RESPECTED. They’d run through a wall for Steve. Overnight turned them in to winners, thus proving that it was a leadership problem the entire time…. And he was passed over for a perennial loser has been.. old white dude. Sorry, race shouldn’t matter, but it did. Especially then. You think the players want to play for an owner like that? Can you imagine what locker room talk was like? Say what you will about Richardson, but he was respected by the players, for the most part. He played the game, and shared a common bond. He also knew what a football player was supposed to look like. 

So yeah, T keeps firing coaches because he’s only comfortable around losers. The delicious irony  is that T isn’t really comfortable around dawgs. 

Asian American Indian GIF by asianhistorymonth

I love Wilks and think he was the best choice which I argued then, but I never felt at all that the decision was based on his skin. More, just failure to recognize leadership that could possibly get this ship back on course. 

I would agree it was based at least partially on Wilks not being a yes man. And Tepper’s  obsession for offense and choosing and developing a franchise QB At All Costs, which certain costs Wilks would not go for. 

edit: and you have to know the QB and offense were big parts of the interview for the job, I’d love to know what WIlks had to say.

Edited by strato

I think Tepper had already made his mind up that he wanted an offensive coach.  He never intended for Wilks to have a real shot.  He just couldn’t stand having Rhule employed for another second.

Firing Rhule, trading CMC and giving the job to Wilks were Teppers attempts to tank.  It was the best the team has looked under his ownership.

5 minutes ago, strato said:

I love Wilks and think he was the best choice which I argued then, but I never felt at all that the decision was based on his skin. More, just failure to recognize leadership that could possibly get this ship back on course. 

I would agree it was based at least partially on Wilks not being a yes man. And Tepper’s  obsession for offense and choosing and developing a franchise QB At All Costs, which certain costs Wilks would not go for. 

edit: and you have to know the QB and offense were big parts of the interview for the job, I’d love to know what WIlks had to say.

I'm not sure how true it was but I remember reading somewhere during that time that it was rumored that Wilks told them during his interview his choice for OC would be Reich. Knowing what we know now I think we would still be right where we are today. You cannot escape fate. Whatever happens from here is destined to happen my friend. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not sure how true it was but I remember reading somewhere during that time that it was rumored that Wilks told them during his interview his choice for OC would be Reich. Knowing what we know now I think we would still be right where we are today. You cannot escape fate. Whatever happens from here is destined to happen my friend. 

With Reich, would he have been working with Young, or Stroud? If we go by crappy pre destined fate, Young. 

I'll say this about Reich as OC, we would have avoided Brown. I think he was a lot more of a dysfunctional factor than people took note of. 

Here is non football...

I was a musician for decades. In the ‘80s I took a house band gig at a place, for the winter. (they brought in expensive regional bands in season and went with locals for the winter).

They wanted to do it again the next year. I left because I hated that gig and did not want to go back (it was kind of like watching the Panthers under Tepper, a thankless chore).

Can you guess? The band I joined ended up doing that gig that year. I didn’t quit until they said they were going to do it again.

Now can you guess?  Yep, 3rd band went into that gig. Thankfully just for that one season. Fate is absolutely a thing sometimes, and not always kind. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Asian American Indian GIF by asianhistorymonth

Not really sure if serious, and don’t really want to derail the convo, but I’ll say my diddy and move on. 

My family is Jamaican and mom is black, so, I dunno. Is it ok if I call myself half black or is that racist as well? 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Beer 2

I re-read what I wrote above, and I’d like to clarify. I did not mean to say that he was let go because of his ethnicity. No way. No how. That was not my intention. Is T an obvious racist. Hell no. I’m not saying that at all. 

I tried to say that the look was just so bad. Here it is, the league, rightfully, wants more minority head coaches. Enough so to make a rule requiring the interview of minority candidates in an HC search. 

If race is important for you (it’s not for me. I don’t really know what the hell I am anyway) To see Steve, who embodies what the league says they want to see, pull off a damn miracle with this team, and not even get a shot… to get passed over for who was eventually hired? Like, y’all ditched Steve for this dude?   ‘what else do we have to do to get a shot’ could be a legitimate feeling for a lot of players. 

This is not an endorsement for Steve. I was a Steve guy, but that has sailed. I don’t pretend that he was taking us to the SB. But the way it all went down was such a bad look. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1