• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players like Dave Canales' energy, appreciate his "consistency"

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Tepper can show he’s changed by following the Detroit timeline. Dan Campbell went 3-13 while starting the season like 0-11 then was winless till week 7 (and the hot seat will he make it talk started) in 22 then the light switched on. Gotta give it time.

Canales hasn't had this opportunity yet so time will tell, but that Detroit team was steadily improving and fighting even though they were losing. That's what I will be judging on - is the bar consistently moving higher and are we seeing young players improving on the field week by week?

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Tepper can show he’s changed by following the Detroit timeline. Dan Campbell went 3-13 while starting the season like 0-11 then was winless till week 7 (and the hot seat will he make it talk started) in 22 then the light switched on. Gotta give it time.

Yep. There is such a thing as firing a coach TOO early. You gotta let the rookie HC get AT LEAST 3 seasons.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Kyle Shanahan struggled.  People dog on him, but I wouldn't mind losing Super Bowls compared to this.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Canales hasn't had this opportunity yet so time will tell, but that Detroit team was steadily improving and fighting even though they were losing. That's what I will be judging on - is the bar consistently moving higher and are we seeing young players improving on the field week by week?

100 percent. Just show steady improvement and fight and you’re good. There will be some here upset at a losing season but there’s difference between 2-15 23 panthers vs say 4-13 panthers that had a point season diff of say -50 

Edited by Panthercougar68

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Rome wasn’t built in a day, but we can’t even build Gastonia

Gastonia wasn't built in a day either.  It take time, that's all I'm saying.  Those of you expecting this team that still 75% the same roster as last season to be miles better immediately need to take a breath here.

That's all.

8 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Gastonia wasn't built in a day either.  It take time, that's all I'm saying.  Those of you expecting this team that still 75% the same roster as last season to be miles better immediately need to take a breath here.

That's all.

Just understand its been 6 years and fans are beyond tired of waiting. These toooooooo early results are not helping. No matter who was playing, that PS week gave out 2023 season is not over. BTW that was against the other worse team.This is the least talented team and Dan had 7 draft picks and added no one to the starters thus far. Team been putting out stinkers since 2019 nearly EVERY week, including off-season. 

Us fans are pissed. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Just understand its been 6 years and fans are beyond tired of waiting. These toooooooo early results are not helping. No matter who was playing, that PS week gave out 2023 season is not over. BTW that was against the other worse team.This is the least talented team and Dan had 7 draft picks and added no one to the starters thus far. Team been putting out stinkers since 2019 nearly EVERY week, including off-season. 

Us fans are pissed. 

Understandable but to expect the worst team to produce winning the next season isn’t feasible, what you want to see is improvement. You’re not gonna see that in preseason.

We stopped being good when we lost our franchise QB in Cam. It’s the problem with the nfl. Some teams luck I to a franchise QB like the colts did for some time Luck and some still play the game of find the QB. Bryce has a big season and this will be the test if he lasts in the league or not.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Understandable but to expect the worst team to produce winning the next season isn’t feasible, what you want to see is improvement. You’re not gonna see that in preseason.

We stopped being good when we lost our franchise QB in Cam. It’s the problem with the nfl. Some teams luck I to a franchise QB like the colts did for some time Luck and some still play the game of find the QB. Bryce has a big season and this will be the test if he lasts in the league or not.

It was total ineptitude on the offense last night.   This was supposed to be dc strength 

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It was total ineptitude on the offense last night.   This was supposed to be dc strength 

Oh come on now lol Plummer was bad lol

You saw some motion and movement in the back field and you saw DC running the ball which he said he would do. Plummer just couldn’t get it together In the pass game.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Oh come on now lol Plummer was bad lol

You saw some motion and movement in the back field and you saw DC running the ball which he said he would do. Plummer just couldn’t get it together In the pass game.

I thought he was the qb whisperer 

I’m excited for how the team looks

It’s just preseason  <—— We are here

If you think you know anything from week 1 of the regular season you don’t know ball

This team was never going to be competitive.  Only a fool would have been optimistic.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If you think you know anything from week 1 of the regular season you don’t know ball

This team was never going to be competitive.  Only a fool would have been optimistic.

The goal of preseason and the first few weeks of regular season has always been to not look like absolute shite. They are still failing at this

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I broke my rule on that week one stuff last year. My mantra for a long time has been ignore it. Exception for last year.