• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Preseason week 1

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Damn Zappe only gets the last two minute drive of the game lol

He is getting cut…

and Milton is coming back down to Earth not playing against our 4th stringers.

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is getting cut…

Someone might trade a 7th or something. I would say Vikings after the JJ injury but I think Nick Mullens is playing well. They'll hold off until there are more injuries. I think they also have Mac Jones still lol

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Someone might trade a 7th or something. I would say Vikings after the JJ injury but I think Nick Mullens is playing well. They'll hold off until there are more injuries. I think they also have Mac Jones still lol

Mac is backing up Trevor in JAX 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Mac is backing up Trevor in JAX 

Weird the Patriots broadcast last week had him listed as inactive. 6th round pick for a former first and they denied his 5th year option obviously. Zappe will maybe get a late pick swap or something if someone is desperate after an injury. I'd definitely prefer watching him over what we saw from Plummer last week

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hmm let's see here.

Listen to the guy with 4 Super Bowl rings or the guy with zero?

That's a tough one!

You are missing the point. You can have success either way. McVay just won without doing it and he did it early in his career. It took Reid a while to get his first one. So by this logic (which I don’t agree with) if you do it Reid’s way you start winning Super Bowls after decades of being a head coach vs a couple years. The point is you can’t mimic one coach 100% and expect the same results. The logic is just flawed. Different situations for different teams.

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You are missing the point. You can have success either way. McVay just won without doing it and he did it early in his career. It took Reid a while to get his first one. So by this logic (which I don’t agree with) if you do it Reid’s way you start winning Super Bowls after decades of being a head coach vs a couple years. The point is you can’t mimic one coach 100% and expect the same results. The logic is just flawed. Different situations for different teams.

There are a lot more starters playing than not though.  The overall vote of NFL head coaches says it’s valuable that they play.

Hot take 2003 edition:  It’s not Andy’s fault the Eagles didn’t win a Super Bowl.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

There are a lot more starters playing than not though.  The overall vote of NFL head coaches says it’s valuable that they play.

Hot take 2003 edition:  It’s not Andy’s fault the Eagles didn’t win a Super Bowl.

There are more than not. However there has been success with both. Plus we have teams playing starters at different times. It’s not like the old 4 game schedule where almost all teams did it the same way.

How would we feel if Bryce plays a lot of preseason and goes on IR? We might be rolling into the following year without any more answers and be in the same situation. Injuries affect us more than most teams as well because we have little to no depth at most positions. I definitely see both sides with our current situation.

This debate will just keep going in circles because both sides have valid points. 

• Beer 1