• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Preseason week 1

12 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

As a McCarthy hater during the draft, that was a great throw.

I didn't give much thought to him since I wasn't scouting qb's last year but I gotta say I'd take the Danold/JJ competition over whatever this BY/Dalton situation is. There was like actual urgency to both of those guys games today, it was...not boring?

6 hours ago, Panthering said:

Already seeing clips of Caleb Williams that I know Bryce could never pull off. What a franchise wrecking trade that was on top of taking the wrong guy. 

If Caleb Williams plays anywhere near the level that Stroud played last year and Bryce continues to suck (which I fully expect), the trade will somehow seem worse than it already did.

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

If Caleb Williams plays anywhere near the level that Stroud played last year and Bryce continues to suck (which I fully expect), the trade will somehow seem worse than it already did.

Picking the wrong guy and handing the stuff to Houston and then trading away the pick to hand the Bears a stud? Sounds like peak David Tepper Panthers to me.

I still think Williams is 100% boom or bust and I'm probably at least 75% bust.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Picking the wrong guy and handing the stuff to Houston and then trading away the pick to hand the Bears a stud? Sounds like peak David Tepper Panthers to me.

I still think Williams is 100% boom or bust and I'm probably at least 75% bust.

I was in your camp about him but damn he looked smooth yesterday not going to lie

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Spencer Rattler and Jake Haenor looked pretty good. One of em is gonna be cut, bring 'em in Morgan.

We’re not bringing in anybody better than Young. The panthers have the most backwards philosophy of team building in the history of sports.

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I was in your camp about him but damn he looked smooth yesterday not going to lie

He sure did. However, it will be interesting to see how he does when defenses force him to play in the pocket/within structure. But no doubt he has all the physical abilities needed.

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I didn't give much thought to him since I wasn't scouting qb's last year but I gotta say I'd take the Danold/JJ competition over whatever this BY/Dalton situation is. There was like actual urgency to both of those guys games today, it was...not boring?

I would take any QB room in the NFL over ours. I would take any roster over ours and any front office/coaching staff/ owner combo over ours as well. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I would take any QB room in the NFL over ours. I would take any roster over ours and any front office/coaching staff/ owner combo over ours as well. 

Thats a good question just running through the nfl teams in my head only team i can think may have a worse starting qb would be denver.  

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We'll see what he looks like when teams are scheming specifically to exploit his weaknesses. Yeah, he's gonna look good in preseason against vanilla schemes and primarily backups.

They're gonna bait him and I think he'll mentally break when he struggles. We'll see.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see what he looks like when teams are scheming specifically to exploit his weaknesses. Yeah, he's gonna look good in preseason against vanilla schemes and primarily backups.

They're gonna bait him and I think he'll mentally break when he struggles. We'll see.

Caleb Williams has all the physical talent to be a top 5 QB but once the real bullets start flying and he faces some adversity then mentally I think he's going to struggle. The bears made a massive mistake by not bring in an established vet QB to mentor him. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Caleb Williams has all the physical talent to be a top 5 QB but once the real bullets start flying and he faces some adversity then mentally I think he's going to struggle. The bears made a massive mistake by not bring in an established vet QB to mentor him. 

When he climbed into the stands literally sobbing on mommy's bosom after a loss I was like... yeah, that ain't it. That ain't the dog that's gonna cut it in the NFL. Your whole rookie season is gonna feel like that in comparison to college. He ain't gonna make it through that.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

When he climbed into the stands literally sobbing on mommy's bosom after a loss I was like... yeah, that ain't it. That ain't the dog that's gonna cut it in the NFL. Your whole rookie season is gonna feel like that in comparison to college. He ain't gonna make it through that.

I am intrigued by how the Bears plan to develop him, but I'd be a nervous wreck if I worked in that front office. Every defense he plays in the NFL will be lightyears better than anything he's faced in the Big 12 and the Pac 12. He's also not gonna have the best offensive coach in the league like he had in college in Lincon Riley to hold his hand. The Bears have a tough part of their schedule weeks 11-16 so I feel somewhere around there is when he'll mentally break as the losses stack up and they fall out of the playoffs. 

Caleb will make some absolutely crazy highlight throws this year but his lack of playing in structure at a high level will make it tough to translate into winning games.

• Pie 1