• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Preseason week 1

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Fitterer secured Ryan Poles job for 5 more years.

Yeah which I think will burn Chicago a bit too. Poles chose Fields over Stroud

No one thought we’d be THAT bad last year. At best Chicago was thinking they’d maybe get 6-10 pick range with out 1st rounder 

Chicago has need a QB since forever. Poles got very lucky that we were as incompetent as we were last year. And most likely this year again too since they have our 2nd

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Icege said:

Before I go looking, can you provide me with what exactly you're looking for? Are you looking specifically for a go route down the sideline where the ball travels at least 40yds through the air and the WR has to snag it with one hand because the defender is still on him?

Genuinely asking here because Bryce will make a solid throw and the same people sharing the sentiment we're discussing (re: not being able to throw deep) will do everything they can to try and invalidate what their eyes are seeing.

If we're having a good faith convo tho, I've got two queued up already.

There are many people within the fanbase that are dug in on their positions regarding QB. They are all understandable. Some believe no matter what without consistent verified results because they are tired of being what they perceive to be negative even though others simply regard it as reality. Others don't believe and won't believe until they see those consistent results from a first overall pick. And that is what separates a jag who can occasionally make certain throws but more often than not doesn't get it done. That's not a franchise QB. That's not even a flash in the pan. That's not even a Sam Darnold or a Kyle Allen or a Matt Moore. That's simply a swing and a miss.

Some people complain to no end about the existence of this discussion but taking that out on fans here is misplaced. We do not control day to day team operations. The staff made the decision they made regarding the first week of preseason and set this back in motion. Direct the complaints of the state of discourse where it belongs. Shooting the messenger isn't helping either.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah just a go down the sidelines 

A lot of Young’s deep completions came on post routes 

I know he semi dropped one into Chark’s lap down the sideline. I believe Chark dove for it but hit his hands 

60yds through the air against Georgia. Read the defense and put it out in front of Williams where only he could get it.

Timestamped the stutter and go route.

Is there a reason that you specifically want a go route and not crossers, posts, corners, or other deep routes?

Every discussion will turn towards Bryce because its the biggest move we've ever made.  The team bet everything on him.  That's all that matters right now.  Regardless of how you feel about it, I think most would agree that Bryce is one of the only things that matters this year.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Icege said:

60yds through the air against Georgia. Read the defense and put it out in front of Williams where only he could get it.

Timestamped the stutter and go route.

Is there a reason that you specifically want a go route and not crossers, posts, corners, or other deep routes?

Yah that A&M ball was the one I specifically mentioned where Jamo absolutely roasts the guy. 

And that Jamo Georgia ball still isn’t the same. 

I want one on one, WR beats corner outside and Young hits him in stride along the sidelines. If we’re talking about a franchise QB this is a type of throw that shouldn’t be THIS hard to find. That’s the issue a lot of us have with Young. His limited deep ball ability and his deep ball accuracy simply isn’t good. 

It’s really limits the offense as a whole 

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah which I think will burn Chicago a bit too. Poles chose Fields over Stroud

No one thought we’d be THAT bad last year. At best Chicago was thinking they’d maybe get 6-10 pick range with out 1st rounder 

Chicago has need a QB since forever. Poles got very lucky that we were as incompetent as we were last year. And most likely this year again too since they have our 2nd

Counting on Carolina’s incompetence isn’t really a luck thing. With any awareness at all it’s pretty obvious.