• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Preseason week 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you come across it I'd like to revisit that. The thing with Mingo is he has been an enigma of hot/ice cold. Even I recognize some of those instances may not be on just Bryce. There have been plays where Mingo just doesn't have his head in it. But glaring ones like that I linked are an example that better coaching fundamentals and scheme alone cannot overcome a lack of consistent physicality from your QB. The way that we have to microanalayze and berate other over air yards and stretch the limits of the term "deep pass" to validate the arm talent of our first overall pick speaks volumes in and of itself.

https://x.com/clt_sportsfan/status/1783914163883913711?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

https://x.com/rickyboboddy/status/1731557232364401097?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

There that one in Chicago and then there’s one against Dallas too where he just waits too long to throw it and leads Mingo out of bounds

• Pie 2

Basically what I'm seeing around the league so far in preseason is we have the worst QB room by far by choice.

Several Baby Goat clones moving the ball with relative ease while we fill our QB room with WalMart greeters because we wouldn't want to have any competition or hurt feelings.

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

I can go to YouTube right now and in less than 10sec find a clip of him making that type of throw. If the comment was that he doesn't do it enough, that'd be one thing. It was that he can't though, and that's proven to be false.

There's no possibility of a good faith back and forth if reality is going to be denied. Criticism that he hasn't done it enough in the pros? Have at it! That he can't though... ? That's a flat out lie.

I can think of maybe one against Texas A&M where Jameson had about 6 steps on the guy 

I don’t care for the one against Georgia where he just threw it up in the direction of two guys and Metchie came down with it

If you got a few please post them. Because he hasn’t done it in the NFL yet

Edited by *FreeFua*

I think it's okay to admit that Bryce was shell shocked after a brutal season full of hits and it almost certainly hurt his confidence through out the whole season. Hopefully he will get past that this season and we will see what he was advertised to be. For now though, can we make it to a pre season game. I do want to point out that Kenny Pickett looked all world in preseason last year and he was arguable worse than Bryce all season. I wouldn't get to over confident about how players looks initially.

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

https://x.com/clt_sportsfan/status/1783914163883913711?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

https://x.com/rickyboboddy/status/1731557232364401097?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

There that one in Chicago and then there’s one against Dallas too where he just waits too long to throw it and leads Mingo out of bounds

Yeah watching that clip is definitive confirmation on his unwillingness to pull the trigger in certain scenarios and that's all over the tape from last year.

This Jets joint practice is going to tell us plenty. Whether or not he actually plays in preseason I think the odds are low. Canales has been spooked by the injuries. It's an obvious and convenient way to delay the inevitable.

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I can think of maybe one against Miss St where Jameson had about 6 steps on the guy 

I don’t care for the one against Georgia where he just threw it up in the direction of two guys and Metchie came down with it

If you got a few please post them. Because he hasn’t done it in the NFL yet

Before I go looking, can you provide me with what exactly you're looking for? Are you looking specifically for a go route down the sideline where the ball travels at least 40yds through the air and the WR has to snag it with one hand because the defender is still on him?

Genuinely asking here because Bryce will make a solid throw and the same people sharing the sentiment we're discussing (re: not being able to throw deep) will do everything they can to try and invalidate what their eyes are seeing.

If we're having a good faith convo tho, I've got two queued up already.

Edited by Icege

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Yeah watching that clip is definitive confirmation on his unwillingness to pull the trigger in certain scenarios and that's all over the tape from last year.

This Jets joint practice is going to tell us plenty. Whether or not he actually plays in preseason I think the odds are low. Canales has been spooked by the injuries. It's an obvious and convenient way to delay the inevitable.

Yeah I seriously doubt he plays against the Jets after they do their joint practices this week 

Maybe he gets one series in the last game at most 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

Before I go looking, can you provide me with what exactly you're looking for? Are you looking specifically for a go route down the sideline where the ball travels at least 40yds through the air and the WR has to snag it with one hand because the defender is still on him?

Genuinely asking here because Bryce will make a solid throw and the same people sharing the sentiment we're discussing (re: not being able to throw deep) will do everything they can to try and invalidate what their eyes are seeing.

If we're having a good faith convo tho, I've got two queued up already.

Yeah just a go down the sidelines 

A lot of Young’s deep completions came on post routes 

I know he semi dropped one into Chark’s lap down the sideline. I believe Chark dove for it but hit his hands 

Edited by *FreeFua*