• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Preseason week 1

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope he and Daniels play more than Maye did Thursday night. I know you're not wanting to give early opponents much film on guys to work off of but damn... getting first glimpses of rookie QBs is one of the very few intriguing things about preseason. Entertain me damn it! LOL

I thought the Patriots were going to cycle QBs like forward lines in hockey, because each drive it was like a different QB came out.  But Maye only got that one drive and then he's on the pine.  I guess they're trying to figure out if they want to keep Zappe or not.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I thought the Patriots were going to cycle QBs like forward lines in hockey, because each drive it was like a different QB came out.  But Maye only got that one drive and then he's on the pine.  I guess they're trying to figure out if they want to keep Zappe or not.

Maybe trying to showcase him for trade bait? With Brissette there, Maye the #3 overall pick, and the promise that Milton has shown I don't think he has any chance at all of making the roster. Practice squad seems like his only hope in NE. If he's not gonna make your roster and someone is willing to throw you a late rounder, hey why not?

I just don't think they wanted to show much with Brissette and Maye. Seems like joint practices are basically replacing preseason games in terms of actually working on stuff. They're just showing up to these games because they're on the schedule and there's tickets to sell and TV contracts to fulfill.

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Dolphins held out 40 players and still put up 20 points.

You can question the QB situation there but you can't deny the staff knows how to move the ball and get on the scoreboard. It's the complete opposite with us until proven otherwise. Thursday night was only validation of such.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

You can question the QB situation there but you can't deny the staff knows how to move the ball and get on the scoreboard. It's the complete opposite with us until proven otherwise. Thursday night was only validation of such.

Dolphins have a whiz kid playcaller.  He isn’t even good yet.    But it’s evidence how scheme and playcalling matter when you watch them.  Which is why the Dolphins have such an easy time with comparable or lower talent moving the ball. 

• Beer 1

JD already in the end zone his first drive.

Even the lowly Commanders seem to have no trouble moving the ball and scoring.

If BY and the offense can't move the ball against the Jets they deserve the criticism and then some.

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No fuging way bryce can throw a ball like.  Placement, quick release and the velocity

Completion to Hurst against the Colts.

Not to say he does it as often as some fans would prefer or that he should, but he does have the ability to do so. Hopefully we'll see more of that this year with improved protection and weapons.

Edited by Icege

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

They are a good team with a much much better roster. We knew this. We knew it would take several years if everything goes seamlessly for the Panthers to be a good team with depth needed.

Why has everyone forgotten and now expects immediate results from this roster?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, csx said:

They are a good team with a much much better roster. We knew this. We knew it would take several years if everything goes seamlessly for the Panthers to be a good team with depth needed.

Why has everyone forgotten and now expects immediate results from this roster?

It does not take several years to establish an offense that can at least move the ball even halfway effectively lmao. Please stop thinking like Matt Rhule. The 7 years thing is long gone. Also the Commanders arguably had a worse OL than we did last year. And their head coach was Ron Rivera. It's okay to have expectations folks.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1