• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Preseason week 1

35 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yeah I think he really could have benefited from having an OC he trusted.  He wasn't even an OC long enough to get established in that role.  You gotta set yourself up for success the best you can.  Our owner isn't gonna make sure that happens.

Evero as HC with someone Evero thought would make a good OC would have made way more sense in hindsight. Evero has the 3rd stringers ready to go and his head is not spinning from the pressure at all. He's probably kinda bored and sitting back watching knowing he could handle all the practice scheduling and roster management on top of calling the defense

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Evero as HC with someone Evero thought would make a good OC would have made way more sense in hindsight. Evero has the 3rd stringers ready to go and his head is not spinning from the pressure at all. He's probably kinda bored and sitting back watching knowing he could handle all the practice scheduling and roster management on top of calling the defense

Evero is an enigma of a coach and we are super lucky to have him.  We just have to hope that he really enjoys being the DC of the worst team in the league.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Evero is an enigma of a coach and we are super lucky to have him.  We just have to hope that he really enjoys being the DC of the worst team in the league.

I'm sure if he was named HC he would have found the best OC available for the team. He isn't an old school Rivera/Wilks DC, he knows exactly what the opposing offense is doing and he would have picked the most challenging OC for him personally. Oh well

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm sure if he was named HC he would have found the best OC available for the team. He isn't an old school Rivera/Wilks DC, he knows exactly what the opposing offense is doing and he would have picked the most challenging OC for him personally. Oh well

I don't know if he wanted it.  Feels like he's waiting for the right opportunity.

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't know if he wanted it.  Feels like he's waiting for the right opportunity.

Good point, he's probably like 3 steps ahead of Tepper in discussions and knows taking the HC job here would destroy his future when all he has to do is sit back and make formidable defenses out of nothing until he gets the right opportunity. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

And at 1pm the moment of truth. Does this guy suck or not

I hope he and Daniels play more than Maye did Thursday night. I know you're not wanting to give early opponents much film on guys to work off of but damn... getting first glimpses of rookie QBs is one of the very few intriguing things about preseason. Entertain me damn it! LOL

• Beer 1