• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Preseason week 1

Yall tripping trying to justify yourselves right now. Bryce Young didn't even play. He wasn't even suited up for the game. It makes no sense to even mention his name in this thread, let alone hijack the discussion. Didn't mention DJ or Theilen. Tommy Tremble or Moton aren’t being mentioned either. Why Bryce Young? Nobody is trying to defend him. I'm just tired of some of y'all killing threads so you can get your daily Bryce Bash in. If he sucks this season, everyone here will want him out just as much as you. If it's the topic then go at him. But you don't always have to find a reason to let everyone know how bad you think Bryce is. Jeez.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Then a Kyle Allen pick lol. Didn't matter, last play of the game all or nothing. He definitely plays faster and has more zip than what we had going on yesterday either way

Kyle Allen looked more sharp than Justin Fields which would have me concerned if I were a Pittsburgh fan.

9 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

He is but there is a contingent in Steeler land that Fields should start.

Yeah if I had those three I'd have Russ starting I guess and the battle would be Fields vs Allen as QB2. Allen might be their best option in reality though if they all got equal snaps in practice

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Its more important to focus on the bottom half of the worst roster in football.

I'm honestly starting to think Canales just wanted a game with no starters/pressure to get used to the flow of head coaching and calling plays. He's going to be on the headset calling in plays, managing the clock, and substitutions etc all in his first year of a team that needs a lot of work. His head has got to be spinning. I think he took on too much at once and the whole thing is way behind where he envisioned it being

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm honestly starting to think Canales just wanted a game with no starters/pressure to get used to the flow of head coaching and calling plays. He's going to be on the headset calling in plays, managing the clock, and substitutions etc all in his first year of a team that needs a lot of work. His head has got to be spinning. I think he took on too much at once and the whole thing is way behind where he envisioned it being

Yeah I think he really could have benefited from having an OC he trusted.  He wasn't even an OC long enough to get established in that role.  You gotta set yourself up for success the best you can.  Our owner isn't gonna make sure that happens.

• Beer 1