• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who impressed & who needs to get his ass cut (Preseason week 1)

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

Isn't that one of the most sought things on the internet?

I've heard that there are many many categories.

Believe it or not (I didn't until my wife proved me wrong), there are some old women on Only Fans that make thousands every month.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Or this one in the 6th.

Yeah worst case scenario they have too many qb's in New England. Imagine if they didn't want to hurt Drake Mayes feelings so they skipped on that opportunity. Not a single fan up there will give a fug if May is a bust and Milton is the real deal

Edited by Jackie Lee

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah worst case scenario they have too many qb's in New England. Imagine if they didn't want to hurt Drake Mayes feelings so they skipped on that opportunity. Not a single fan up there will give a fug if May is a bust and Milton is the real day

He might not make the team, and honestly he might be terrible.  He did almost throw a pick 6, and he's very raw for a 24 year old.  But when you got nothing in the cupboard, how can you not take a guy?

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He might not make the team, and honestly he might be terrible.  He did almost throw a pick 6, and he's very raw for a 24 year old.  But when you got nothing in the cupboard, how can you not take a guy?

He struggled reading the field in UT's wide open offense.  There was a big drop off form Hooker to Milton.  Milton will look amazing in practice, but I'm not sure he will find success as a NFL starter reading starting defenses in the NFL.  That was the most I've seen him run though, so maybe he is getting comfortable doing that now which will help him early on in his career.

Milton was flashing, right off the bat. It doesn’t mean that he will develop, it means they have something to work with.

Saints may be able to trade Rattler or Haener, they are both looking good so far. I envy that poo. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The more I think about it, the more I can kinda rationalize the approach of sitting virtually all the starters in Game 1.  The objective of the preseason is about two things IMO: preparing your team for the regular season with real in-game reps, and also properly evaluating your depth.  People wanted the former and are getting a heavy dose of the latter.  And I think it makes sense to heavily prioritize evaluating your depth in the first game so that you can adjust reps accordingly in the next two games, especially considering there are only three Preaseason games now.  Maybe you see someone who flashed in Game 1 and you want to give them more reps or even time with the starters in Game 2 and 3.  Maybe you saw someone who was flat out trash and you decide to reallocate their snaps to other bottom-of-the-roster guys to give them a chance instead.  All of that is better to sort out in Game 1 then to find yourself in Game 3 still feeling undecided about certain players and wishing you had distributed reps more effectively throughout the preseason.

Now that being said, if he truly ends up sitting Bryce (and/or a large number of starters) for the entirety of the preseason, then yeah I'll probably feel differently about it and it won't sit right with me.

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, TD alt said:

I've heard that there are many many categories.

Believe it or not (I didn't until my wife proved me wrong), there are some old women on Only Fans that make thousands every month.

Yeah it's anything goes territory but 18 to early 20s I would guess is a huge chunk of it.

The more I think about it, the more I can kinda rationalize the approach of sitting virtually all the starters in Game 1. .....

Missed quoting the post in the reply...

Yep. There are some advantages, possibly. You just detailed aspects of it. 

I came to the same place after getting my frustration out and started trying to look at it clinically or whatever the right word is. 

With that 3 game thing, you could possible get an edge if you could reimagine it successfully.

1st game, what they did. Now they have guys in as real conditions as they can have, and focus on whatever potential stands out. 

That done, you have a hopefully healthy starting bunch to put through scrimmages and the 2nd game, a week to fix stuff for the next game and see maybe a progress arc, and two week to get ready for the season with your 53. 

It might make good sense. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The more I think about it, the more I can kinda rationalize the approach of sitting virtually all the starters in Game 1.  The objective of the preseason is about two things IMO: preparing your team for the regular season with real in-game reps, and also properly evaluating your depth.  People wanted the former and are getting a heavy dose of the latter.  And I think it makes sense to heavily prioritize evaluating your depth in the first game so that you can adjust reps accordingly in the next two games, especially considering there are only three Preaseason games now.  Maybe you see someone who flashed in Game 1 and you want to give them more reps or even time with the starters in Game 2 and 3.  Maybe you saw someone who was flat out trash and you decide to reallocate their snaps to other bottom-of-the-roster guys to give them a chance instead.  All of that is better to sort out in Game 1 then to find yourself in Game 3 still feeling undecided about certain players and wishing you had distributed reps more effectively throughout the preseason.

Now that being said, if he truly ends up sitting Bryce (and/or a large number of starters) for the entirety of the preseason, then yeah I'll probably feel differently about it and it won't sit right with me.

Makes sense with a first year HC as well who is inheriting a chunk of a roster he had nothing to do with.  I saw a bunch of new faces and some guys that barely played the previous season last night.  I'm sure he is evaluating the depth which will help him make decisions on claims for other players when teams start making their cuts. He wants to see some of these players in live action in order to make a better decision sooner vs later.

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Is it me or does Evero seem like he can take anyone and make them play decently on defense? This guy to me really looks like he would make a hell of a head coach

Yeah, we had a guy like that. 

Amazing what happens when a group of men rally behind a strong leader that they respect. I’m actually flabbergasted that we still have Evero, honestly. His competency and confidence stick out like a sore thumb around here.