• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who impressed & who needs to get his ass cut (Preseason week 1)

22 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

My man didn’t you watch Jack Plummer tonight?!  if Bryce plays and gets hurt Plummer is our starting QB

And if Bryce is healthy he is the starting quarterback. That's almost as scary.

I'm mostly kidding. Mostly.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

Good:

-Leota, Jamison, TJ Smith, and Matthews. Cook wasn’t bad either.

-Defense was very sound and disciplined. 

- Offensive concepts were vague because of preseason but better than Franks. The execution just wasn’t there. 

Bad

-Everyone on the OL except sometimes Christensen.

-The WRs dropping balls, falling down, just awful.

-Penalties on offense.

I don’t know if Plummer was that bad or if all the drops and running for his life amplified it. Had a few of those drops been caught it may have offered better perception. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Manna said:

We need to bring in a QB who can push and has the capability of replacing Bryce, not back him up. He needs a fire lit under him. 

He was way too comfortable not playing tonight, but that's just been his demeanor since he been here. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Manna said:

We need to bring in a QB who can push and has the capability of replacing Bryce, not back him up. He needs a fire lit under him. 

Don’t suggest things that make sense, this franchise only does things to make the team worse. 

• Beer 2
  • The D 1

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

My bad on that post. Had high hopes that maybe something positive could happen for this team. Obviously not.

There is nothing to apologize for,  you lose nothing hoping to see something from a guy that wasnt even drafted. If he didn't show out playing with 2nd and third stringers then the undrafted status was justified.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

It's preseason. I can't believe people even pay to go.

A second year guy who did nothing last year and needs all the reps he can get in a new offense with new pieces around him. Most other legit starting qbs in the league are playing this week....just pre season tho. 

• Pie 3

Defense looked solid as expected with Evero. 

Matthews looked solid at TE. Everyone else on offense was trash and god help us if the starter gets injured and they have to play. 

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, jtm said:

Defense looked solid as expected with Evero. 

Matthews looked solid at TE. Everyone else on offense was trash and god help us if the starter gets injured and they have to play. 

Sanders, the rookie TE, looked good blocking on a couple of plays- sealed the edge on a run. If our TEs and RBs can help in pass pro it’ll make a big difference later.

• Pie 2