• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would a "second year jump" look like for bryce young compared to his contemporaries

Jared Goff would be one to aspire for.

Completion percentage Went up from 54.6 to 62.1 - +7.5%

TD percentage went from 2.4 to 5.9% - +3.3%

INT percentage down from 3.4 to 1.5% +1.9%

AYA went from 4.3 to 8.5% - +4.2%

I realize he only started 7 games his rookie year - but he was similarly awful. Of course it makes a huge difference going from whatever Jeff Fisher and friends were doing to Sean McVay.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Jared Goff would be one to aspire for.

Completion percentage Went up from 54.6 to 62.1 - +7.5%

TD percentage went from 2.4 to 5.9% - +3.3%

INT percentage down from 3.4 to 1.5% +1.9%

AYA went from 4.3 to 8.5% - +4.2%

I realize he only started 7 games his rookie year - but he was similarly awful. Of course it makes a huge difference going from whatever Jeff Fisher and friends were doing to Sean McVay.

Yeah I was thinking of including him but the Sean Mcvay factor is huge. I also didn’t include Jordan love for obvious reasons. 

bryce defenders, if there are any left, want to look to Trevor Lawrence for hope. Interesting that Lawrence went from a gimmicky coach with no NFL head coaching experience to an nfl veteran former QB who won a Super Bowl with the eagles. Bryce is doing the opposite. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Beer 1

You can’t use his horrible rookie season as baseline and consider a 2 TD increase to be a reasonable improvement.  Going from 11 to 13 TDs is not a jump. He better hit 18-20 or it’s a miserable fail.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

You can’t use his horrible rookie season as baseline and consider a 2 TD increase to be a reasonable improvement.  Going from 11 to 13 TDs is not a jump. He better hit 18-20 or it’s a miserable fail.

I’m not sure what else we can use as a baseline  

It’s a reasonable improvement relative to a bunch of other qbs that don’t have his limitations.  

I agree that it would be hideous. That’s the point. 18-20 would basically take an unheard of improvement. 

54 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Yeah I was thinking of including him but the Sean Mcvay factor is huge. I also didn’t include Jordan love for obvious reasons. 

bryce defenders, if there are any left, want to look to Trevor Lawrence for hope. Interesting that Lawrence went from a gimmicky coach with no NFL head coaching experience to an nfl veteran former QB who won a Super Bowl with the eagles. Bryce is doing the opposite. 

I am in the “maybe there’s a 2-3% chance that this works with a different coach and better system, we might as well try, god I hope this works, if it doesn’t move on fast after this year” camp. I don’t think Lawrence’s second coach would sign off on/draw up screen passes to Ian Thomas at least.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

I’m not sure what else we can use as a baseline  

It’s a reasonable improvement relative to a bunch of other qbs that don’t have his limitations.  

I agree that it would be hideous. That’s the point. 18-20 would basically take an unheard of improvement. 

Well he did throw close to that, if you include the pick 6's. 

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, strato said:

Why compare him to himself?

Baseline should be in the average range of QBs that went on to have great success in the NFL. 

Getting a livable raise from a minimum wage job is tough. You start so low. 

The best way to get a purposeful raise is to just find another job. 

Here’s to the 2025 draft. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

I'll put myself in that boat. I think he will bounce back in a big way this year. 

Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yea, but all of these guys actually have the physical talent to be an NFL QB. Bryce is too small and has no elite physical abilities to speak of. Even his "super processor" seems to not work in the NFL. 

Prove me wrong, Bryce. 

• Pie 3