• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs Pats 7pm

"What's crazy is, he's super-positive, you know?" Matthews said with a grin. "He's very intentional with his words, and there was a point where I think it was 7-0, and we all know that we want to string a drive together for the offense, and penalties were killing us, and we had a couple of guys go down. And there could have been a lot of things said, but at that moment, I heard him say to (director of coaching development and culture) Scott Cooper, he was like, 'How about our defense right now?'

How many of the perinatal contenders would you say are all about the positive energy? Bueller? Bueller? Hint: none. They all have that edge. Like your best friend’s dad growing up. Overall decent guy, but get out of line let him feel like you disrespected him. You think he laughing?

I’m done with super positive. Shi*, if anything this team is WAY TOO DAMN POSITIVE. It at the core of what makes F-ing up ok. IT’S NOT OK. This is the C- after a make up test mentality. Accountability? What accountability? We need more, ‘naw, f that. We f-in suck. Bro right there is going to need a bible and a therapist when this game’s over’ type of peeps. A fail this exam and you’re kicked out of school mentality. I almost can’t wait for the 4th and 14, three and outs, just so I can watch some dudes who care. 

Wasn’t nobody laughing in 2003 or 2015. Drop some wide open passes in ANY game and TRY and go yuck it up with Jake, Agent, Fox, Cam, Greg or Rivera. Miss some easy assignments on d that cost your team 7 at a big juncture… and you see 58 and 59 walking your way as you sit on the bench laughing about it. I almost want to pi$$ myself just thinking about it, and I’m 400 miles from Charlotte. Your a$$ would be in surgery that night, and they may have to fly you out somewhere for one of the 3 people in the country that do that particular surgery. 

Where is that now? Those teams got along and all was cool, but there was an edge. They celebrated true accomplishments, but rarely was anything funny. Maybe how they would straight clown someone on a particular play, but that was about it. 

Overreacting? Prossibly, but I don’t think so. We’ve heard attitude and dawg all offseason. Talent is not a prerequisite for dawg. None needed. So where was it? Who was in charge of that s show? This was supposed to be the showing of the ‘new attitude’ Panthers offense. El Oh El. Defense somehow got the memo. 

Who made laughing at dropping a perfect ball over the middle, wide open that hit you in the chest, ok?  We missed 2 big first downs on the drive that could have built some sort of momentum. “Sorry 89, it’s wet and the ball slipped out.” You better not even look at him the rest of the game… probably week… unless you catch at least 2 make up balls after that, but he’d probably still bring it up 3 weeks later if you did it again. 

These young pups need a trainer with a shock collar and a fetch dummy that looks like Matt Ryan, not a groomer with some oatmeal suds, loofa and a blow dryer. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan

On 8/8/2024 at 7:37 PM, micnificent28 said:

so jack plummer... really why is this guy even a thing... he wasnt even near a thing in college.. I get the blood lines but this kid didnt show much in college. 

What "bloodlines?"

Contrary to a lot of assumptions, he is not related to Jake Plummer.

He's a JAG QB who bounced thru 3 different schools during his collegiate career and never stayed in one place long enough to establish a game.

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

On point. Look how many DAWGS we had on that superbowl team. Cam, Luke, TD, Norman, Stewart, Olsen, Kalil, Norwell, Short. Dudes that wouldn't settle for sh*t like this. You think Cam would have allowed seeing his WR's smiling after dropping two passes? HELL NO.

Like seriously, who are the dogs on this team? I can think of maybe two......Shaq and Derrick Brown. That's literally it. Tepper created this atmosphere. He came in and instantly neutered the attitude this franchise used to represent. I remember a time when we were like on our 5th RB with Nick Goings and STILL competing. Still trying and giving a damn. Fighting. Showing heart. I also think that was the year we started 1-7 and STILL almost rallied back to make the postseason, with injuries EVERYWHERE that year. That's all we want to see, not two sorry ass WRs laughing on the sideline because they dropped two passes. Dude's who were both drafted in the 2nd round mind you. Tepper has officially put his "stamp" on the football side of things. This team has taken on his image and attitude. All the way from the GM to the players.

Those John Fox teams were like a loveable dog that is lacking in the intelligence department, but has all the heart in the world.  Fox was never a tactician or good with out maneuvering his opponents on game day.  He just fielded sound football teams.  That was evident right when he started in 2002.

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

How many of the perinatal contenders would you say are all about the positive energy? Bueller? Bueller? Hint: none. They all have that edge. Like your best friend’s dad growing up. Overall decent guy, but get out of line let him feel like you disrespected him. You think he laughing?

I’m done with super positive. Shi*, if anything this team is WAY TOO DAMN POSITIVE. It at the core of what makes F-ing up ok. IT’S NOT OK. This is the C- after a make up test mentality. Accountability? What accountability? We need more, ‘naw, f that. We f-in suck. Bro right there is going to need a bible and a therapist when this game’s over’ type of peeps. A fail this exam and you’re kicked out of school mentality. I almost can’t wait for the 4th and 14, three and outs, just so I can watch some dudes who care. 

Wasn’t nobody laughing in 2003 or 2015. Drop some wide open passes in ANY game and TRY and go yuck it up with Jake, Agent, Fox, Cam, Greg or Rivera. Miss some easy assignments on d that cost your team 7 at a big juncture… and you see 58 and 59 walking your way as you sit on the bench laughing about it. I almost want to pi$$ myself just thinking about it, and I’m 400 miles from Charlotte. Your a$$ would be in surgery that night, and they may have to fly you out somewhere for one of the 3 people in the country that do that particular surgery. 

Where is that now? Those teams got along and all was cool, but there was an edge. They celebrated true accomplishments, but rarely was anything funny. Maybe how they would straight clown someone on a particular play, but that was about it. 

Overreacting? Prossibly, but I don’t think so. We’ve heard attitude and dawg all offseason. Talent is not a prerequisite for dawg. None needed. So where was it? Who was in charge of that s show? This was supposed to be the showing of the ‘new attitude’ Panthers offense. El Oh El. Defense somehow got the memo. 

Who made laughing at dropping a perfect ball over the middle, wide open that hit you in the chest, ok?  We missed 2 big first downs on the drive that could have built some sort of momentum. “Sorry 89, it’s wet and the ball slipped out.” You better not even look at him the rest of the game… probably week… unless you catch at least 2 make up balls after that, but he’d probably still bring it up 3 weeks later if you did it again. 

These young pups need a trainer with a shock collar and a fetch dummy that looks like Matt Ryan, not a groomer with some oatmeal suds, loofa and a blow dryer. 

He comes from Seattle/Carroll and they were all about positivity while being extremely successful. Not saying it will work, but also not dismissing the style. The thinking that a HC has to be an asshole is, in my mind, a thing of the past. As an example, Reid and Harbaugh are extremely well liked by their teams, they are positive and good guys who knows when to put their foot down and have built a great culture.

Dismissing Canales after one pre season game where he was happy that our defense looked good (I thought it looked good as well) and didn’t chew out offensive practice squad players and backups is a stretch in my mind. But as I usually say, it’s ok to disagree on these things. 

1 minute ago, Martin said:

He comes from Seattle/Carroll and they were all about positivity while being extremely successful. Not saying it will work, but also not dismissing the style. The thinking that a HC has to be an asshole is, in my mind, a thing of the past. As an example, Reid and Harbaugh are extremely well liked by their teams, they are positive and good guys who knows when to put their foot down and have built a great culture.

Dismissing Canales after one pre season game where he was happy that our defense looked good (I thought it looked good as well) and didn’t chew out offensive practice squad players and backups is a stretch in my mind. But as I usually say, it’s ok to disagree on these things. 

I'm not dismissing him, but I think he will need someone else to pick up the bad cop role in the coaching staff or in the locker room.  Accountability has to exist.  It's just that people who are actually accountable don't need some asshole coach screaming at them.  But a team that's full of a bunch of guys with no leadership, and nobody cares... I don't know if the feel good strategy will work.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

I dont think the positivity is what made them successful, I think it was Lynch, wilson and the legion of boom

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, MHS831 said:

The thing that bothered me about Plummer--I saw no leadership, no fire, no sense of urgency.  It was like watching a Greatful Deadhead walk home from a party. And he made stupid decisions under pressure--any qb knows "get rid of the ball" when under pressure.  Flipping the ball to Smith Marsette on the sweep from 2 feet away was dumb.  He was slow getting to the handoff spot--you keep the ball and follow the runner and get what you can.  He is going to be cut very soon.

My wife said the same thing.  She sad after each play that his body language was crap.  Head down and moping. Not going inspire much confidence in a group. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm not dismissing him, but I think he will need someone else to pick up the bad cop role in the coaching staff or in the locker room.  Accountability has to exist.  It's just that people who are actually accountable don't need some asshole coach screaming at them.  But a team that's full of a bunch of guys with no leadership, and nobody cares... I don't know if the feel good strategy will work.

I 100% agree with you, I might have miss interpreted what you wrote. He seems high on accountability from what I’ve heard, but maybe more of it is behind closed doors.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont think the positivity is what made them successful, I think it was Lynch, wilson and the legion of boom

Obviously you need good players for success, nobody disputes that. However, I think Carroll was a massive reason for their success.