• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs Pats 7pm

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

But Canales stays positive, so it's a refreshing, energetic kind of bad.

I mean that was Rhule until week 1 of each season lol. Not refreshing to me but even in his last offseason he had some people on here licking his nuts until the real bullets started flying

yea no idc if the waterboys were playing tonight, the product that was displayed on the field was atrocious.

after last preseason's "ruh uh it's all vanilla" poo, there's no excuse this year to see a complete failure of basic execution of vanilla NFL concepts and techniques.

Sure, they were backups, but you'd hope to see some semblance of an NFL team rather than a Gastonia JV second string level disaster.

Tonight was a disaster. It provided no positive answers, only negative, and starking at that. This team isn't ready, has zero NFL talent at depth, and will be following the same trend as last year if they keep this up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean that was Rhule until week 1 of each season lol. Not refreshing to me but even in his last offseason he had some people on here licking his nuts until the real bullets started flying

Yea we definitely have to be a bit patient with him and see how he handles the bumps.  Or at least hope that Tepper will.  Or our next head coach is probably coming from the huddle.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Don’t get me wrong I don’t believe we should of rested our starters what I’m getting at is how can people correlate today with week one with so many unknowns 

last year showed that this team tenda to stay within the confines of preseason level play at best.

even with new coaching management, unless proven otherwise, i'm assuming this team will continue to play at that preseason level since bryce young can't effectively QB at an NFL level.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm trying not to overreact, but I can't get over how the same stink is on this team.  It feels like Frank Reich never left.  That man might as well be a shapeshifter.  Not encouraging.

When John Fox took over this team, and we were 1-15... things were different immediately.  When Wilks took over as interim.. things were different immediately.  It takes coaches time, but there should be a change in the vibe.

That's that offensive coach team personality, unless it’s a guy that was an OL coach.

There is no fuging toughness only schemes and finesse. Forgive my bias towards defensive players and coaches but that is how it feels to me over and over in the years of watching the game. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

last year showed that this team tenda to stay within the confines of preseason level play at best.

even with new coaching management, unless proven otherwise, i'm assuming this team will continue to play at that preseason level since bryce young can't effectively QB at an NFL level.

Sure you can believe that it could be true. But what I believe is we know this team is a massive work in progress and we just want to see good improvement on last year.

That being said how can anyone gage what the regular season side will look like when they rested 31 starters had UDFA QB playing with no scheme help.

The part I hated the most were the Mingo and Marshall drops. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Why do I have the sense of urgency that we need to win our next game or we're already out of playoff contention?

We were already out of playoff contention before the season even started.  We've been out of it for seven or eight years now.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Why do I have the sense of urgency that we need to win our next game or we're already out of playoff contention?

Seeing as I am gonna guess you really don't believe we could make the playoffs, even if Hell froze over, I don’t know. 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

I know. But I tried to have at least .0001% hope that we could do something more than crap all over the field. 

You have focus on the little things. This team will not be one of this teams that can turn it around in one offseason. It's just too dysfunctional and depleted of talent. The talent may be improved soon enough if they get lucky but the dysfunction may take awhile. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

You have focus on the little things. This team will not be one of this teams that can turn it around in one offseason. It's just too dysfunctional and depleted of talent. The talent may be improved soon enough if they get lucky but the dysfunction may take awhile. 

Yep just hoping to see a change in direction.  Not necessarily a large change in location.

• Beer 1