• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs Pats 7pm

Got a feeling that the team will look to sign an FA or two after this one. Missed a bunch of it bouncing between the game and the Olympics so I'll have to go back and watch the replay but uh... that scoreboard speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If we settle for 3 I'm going to have real concerns for Canales.

You play to win the game. Score a damn TD get the onside kick and score again. You telling me there is a chance?

That point shaving is for pussycats.

If you don't settle for 3, I'd keep the 2024 O/U at 5.5, but not for wins -- for touchdowns.

• Pie 1

Just now, Icege said:

Got a feeling that the team will look to sign an FA or two after this one. Missed a bunch of it bouncing between the game and the Olympics so I'll have to go back and watch the replay but uh... that scoreboard speaks volumes.

You did the right thing.  Delete the VOD.

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

So same as last year?

100%. They look like they’ve been practicing ‘Bryce Safe’ type plays all camp.

Seeing this funeral makes the attitude turnaround that Wilks enacted, overnight, even more miraculous. 

Yes, it’s the first preseason game, but aside from the defense, the team doesn’t even look like they’ve practiced. I’m just tired of excuses to cover up for the false promises given every year. years worth of this now. 

for a brief time, there was a no excuses grown ass man who was thrown in as a place holder coach…  and then EVERYTHING changed. Tepp would have never been able to tell Steve what to do, so Steve had to go. 

Just now, Gapanthersfan said:

100%. They look like they’ve been practicing ‘Bryce Safe’ type plays all camp.

Seeing this funeral makes the attitude turnaround that Wilks enacted, overnight, even more miraculous. 

Yes, it’s the first preseason game, but aside from the defense, the team doesn’t even look like they’ve practiced. I’m just tired of excuses to cover up for the false promises given every year. years worth of this now. 

for a brief time, there was a no excuses grown ass man who was thrown in as a place holder coach…  and then EVERYTHING changed. Tepp would have never been able to tell Steve what to do, so Steve had to go. 

Thats a good point too.  Wilks literally came in during the season on a trash team and things were different instantly.  Yes we were just a mediocre team that could only beat bad teams, but it was different.

This does not feel different.  Its only preseason game 1 but this is not a good sign.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Dan Morgan will wait for final roster cuts in order to use the waiver wire to claim players 

Just now, PantherKyle said:

This year is about evaluating Bryce. I'm not gonna freak out about not drafting Joe Milton because he scored on 11 dudes who won't be on our roster. 

The connection is that the dudes playing for both teams are not really gonna see any action in meaningful football, so I am not going to have an internet meltdown.

You can evaluate Bryce Young and keep him as the starter while also developing a possible fallback plan if needed. Walking and chewing gum at the same time. Nobody believes in Andy Dalton. Nobody needs Andy Dalton. He's a nice guy here collecting free money while we fart around. I'm not advocating for Milton. I'm simply saying anything would have been better than whispering sweet nothings in Bryce's ear and telling him how special he is while signing the worst UDFA QB available.

Criticism ≠ meltdown. I'm not saying Canales isn't the guy or he's going to be fired. I don't have a crystal ball. But I do have over 2 decades of experience watching this franchise attempt to football and what I'm seeing so far is more of the same of the last several years of offensive disaster. Could it change? Sure. Do I hope it does? Absofuginlutely. Would I bet money on it? Nope.

All I know is in about a month we open the season with our arch rival the Saints on the road in New Orleans and we better get our act together in a hurry if we don't want to be subjected to further embarrassment.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1