• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thu night NFL preseason...during the Olympics...

TD alt

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Do people actually watch the Olympics anymore? I think the last time I actually watched an event was in the 80's. 

I used to watch the snowboarding before it just became spin to win and any actual style went out the window.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Do people actually watch the Olympics anymore? I think the last time I actually watched an event was in the 80's. 

I watch the US women's soccer team pretty consistently whether it be World Cup or Olympics.  Better than mens soccer.  But outside of that, just give an old school Sportscenter run down of what occurred.  Some cool moments like the Americans in the 1500m run the other day. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I watch the US women's soccer team pretty consistently whether it be World Cup or Olympics.  Better than mens soccer.  But outside of that, just give an old school Sportscenter run down of what occurred.  Some cool moments like the Americans in the 1500m run the other day. 

The mens 100 meter was interesting. Incredibly close finish. 

1 hour ago, t96 said:

No Olympics events will even be going on during the preseason games... 

I mean, that's great for people who can watch it during the day, but most people are working or going to school during the day, and that's why they re-broadcast it during the evenings.

4 minutes ago, TD alt said:

I mean, that's great for people who can watch it during the day, but most people are working or going to school during the day, and that's why they re-broadcast it during the evenings.

The Panthers game starts at 7 est and the olympic rebroadcasts start at 8 est, so I say watch the Panthers for an hour and switch. I can't imagine gleaning anything meaningful after the first quarter anyway.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, TD alt said:

Damn, some of y'all are just stodgy old men. 

cyber old man GIF

I was thinking the same thing! lmao

My favorite part about the Olympics, aside from the whole world competition and exploration of other cultures, is that I end up following a random sport or two that I've never kept up with before. It gets to the point of where I'm deep diving the history of the sport and the evolution of the tactics used so that I can better understand what I'm watching.

• Beer 1