• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thu night NFL preseason...during the Olympics...

TD alt

Should I watch it?

Joaquin Phoenix Thumbs Down GIF

I mean, I generally watch the  Olympics at night. I believe the Men's 200 is tomorrow, not to mention the Women's 400 meter hurdles. Yes, I know the live races will be tomorrow afternoon (and I believe school is out), so...I guess I could make room for both, but I may have some significant family business to take care of that may require my attention. 

I don't know, it's looking like I'm going to forego the Charlotte sh¡t show tomorrow evening, and I rarely do that even in the preseason. 

• Pie 1

Anything good in the Olympics you can rewatch on Youtube and the exciting part is watching the events live in the first place. As far as watching the preseason game it depends on how much you want to watch the WR battles I guess. O-line will probably be a poo show, maybe TE will be interesting if Sanders gets a lot of snaps. I'm definitely watching the preseason live and skimming through the olympics highlights. Friday I'm all in on the women's track

• Pie 1

I've got two big screen TVs and three PC monitors. My living room is going to look and sound like a sports bar tonight. 😄

Panthers on one big screen, wrestling on the other (Greco Roman 67kg finals, women's freestyle 53kg, and more). One monitor with the women's volleyball semis (Turkey vs China, US vs Brazil), one with track, and one with Discord and Firefox open.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Do people actually watch the Olympics anymore? I think the last time I actually watched an event was in the 80's. 

2024 Olympics Ratings Are Way Up: 5 Reasons Why (frontofficesports.com)

The opening Sunday of competition drew NFL-like TV numbers, averaging 41.5 million viewers across various NBC platforms. (That nearly equaled the 42 million viewers who tuned in to watch the NFL’s most-watched regular-season game last year—the Cowboys vs. Commanders—on Thanksgiving weekend.) Through Thursday, NBC’s prime-time coverage was averaging 34 million viewers across all platforms, up 79% from Tokyo. 

• Pie 3

I mean, haters gonna hate, but Sir Charles, a.k.a. the Round Mound of Rebound, with his somewhat surly self, said that the Olympics are the world's greatest sporting event, and I tend to agree. Just watching Cole Hocker and Quincy Hall dig deep was fantastic. So did Noah Lyles by the thinnest of margins. There's something about seeing desire and a person willing themselves to victory that just never gets old. I'm all for it!

• Pie 2