• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Know Your Foe: New England Patriots 

7 hours ago, thennek said:

2002:  John Fox was the Panthers first time/first year HC where he inherited a listless Seifart 1-15 squad.  I remember him saying that he wanted to win the preseason games to gain confidence and to experience 'how to win'...even with backups.  In 2002 the Panthers went to a surprising 7-9 record, and the next year....Super Bowl.  

To be fair, if it wasn't for Randy Fasani leading two fourth-quarter drives to overcome the 16-0 deficit the starters bestowed upon him, the Panthers wouldn't have won any preseason games in 2002, either. And while some extremists on here will tell you even Fasani was better than Young, he was not.

Also, losing 27-3 (field goal from a turnover) in preseason is pretty meaningless. With as many impactful guys being held out as it appears will be the case, just watch it for a bit, realize that losing these games means less than it will in a month, and pray no one is injured -- or this is an 0-17 outfit for sure.

• Pie 1

Predictions?

-Final score doesn’t break 20 points.

-Plummer does better than expected (Which isn’t much at all)

-Multiple bad snaps during the game.

-Panthers D gets a minimum 2 turnovers.

-Somebody will make a play you’ve never heard of and you’ll have to look them up during the game.

6 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Predictions?

-Final score doesn’t break 20 points.

-Plummer does better than expected (Which isn’t much at all)

-Multiple bad snaps during the game.

-Panthers D gets a minimum 2 turnovers.

-Somebody will make a play you’ve never heard of and you’ll have to look them up during the game.

I don’t know much about Plummer, just based on his highlight tape from last year he does look downfield though.  

downfield QBs are at least entertaining one way or the other 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I don’t know much about Plummer, just based on his highlight tape from last year he does look downfield though.  

downfield QBs are at least entertaining one way or the other 

You only get one shot.  Palms are sweaty.  Mom's spaghetti.

I hope that's his attitude.

• Pie 1