• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting Center for $3M guaranteed

Sounds great but what is picking high? 3-14? 4-13? Wow we doubled the win total!

For me, he would have to become a star and it would have to be very obvious that he can thrive in the league. Short of that, if he starts in 2025 after no or marginal improvement, I will be moving out of Dave’s basement.

14 minutes ago, strato said:

Sounds great but what is picking high? 3-14? 4-13? Wow we doubled the win total!

For me, he would have to become a star and it would have to be very obvious that he can thrive in the league. Short of that, if he starts in 2025 after no or marginal improvement, I will be moving out of Dave’s basement.

Speaking for myself, I'd consider picking in the top 10 again to be selecting high. A 7-10 record has secured teams the 10th overall pick for the last three years. The team could triple their win total and still be in that range.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Icege said:

Speaking for myself, I'd consider picking in the top 10 again to be selecting high. A 7-10 record has secured teams the 10th overall pick for the last three years. The team could triple their win total and still be in that range.

If the team goes 7-10 and Young looks like he belongs on the field, to me not to the media or his stans, I’d be okay with not replacing him immediately. And getting a stud non QB with the pick like you suggest. (given the guard acquisitions, moving Icky to the right side would be a good idea... unless he suddenly gets a lot better too

Regardless we need to start taking swings at guys like Rattler down the draft, regularly, or guys that have the tools but fall out of the top picks for whatever reason. And are sitting there when your turn comes up. Because, decent quality depth, and competition is back in the house

Edited by strato

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

I expect us to be picking 4-7. Also wouldn't hate trading down and staying in the top 12. There is alot of talent at the top of this draft and we need so much help.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

The Dolphins and Cowboys both let a guy they knew walk for what is a bargain price for a starting center...

Wonder why if that was what they could have had him for.

Perhaps they know something.

Suspicious Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Pie 2

Just now, Khyber53 said:

The Dolphins and Cowboys both let a guy they knew walk for what is a bargain price for a starting center...

Yeah, I wish I did. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I expect us to be picking 4-7. Also wouldn't hate trading down and staying in the top 12. There is alot of talent at the top of this draft and we need so much help.

I know it's way too early, but there are some guys being talked about already that are dawgs.

• OT Will Compton (LSU)
  • OT Kelvin Banks Jr (Texas)
  • WR Luther Burden III (Missouri)
  • WR Tetairoa McMillan (Arizona)
  • WR/CB Travis Hunter (Colorado)
  • CB Will Johnson (Michigan)
  • EDGE James Pearce Jr (Tennessee)
  • EDGE Mykel Williams (Georgia)

If two QBs come off of the board before the Panthers pick then they'll get at least one of those guys.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

He was recovering from a torn ACL last year. I wonder if there were any issues there still? He tore it late in the season before like Corbett did.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Icege said:

I know it's way too early, but there are some guys being talked about already that are dawgs.

• OT Will Compton (LSU)
  • OT Kelvin Banks Jr (Texas)
  • WR Luther Burden III (Missouri)
  • WR Tetairoa McMillan (Arizona)
  • WR/CB Travis Hunter (Colorado)
  • CB Will Johnson (Michigan)
  • EDGE James Pearce Jr (Tennessee)
  • EDGE Mykel Williams (Georgia)

If two QBs come off of the board before the Panthers pick then they'll get at least one of those guys.

I agree with all of these. I hope T is not an issue. Also Morrison the CB from Notre Dame could come in and start. Mason Graham from Michigan or Deone Walker from Kentucky could replace Shy Tuttle(cutting him would save little over $6mil) Xavier Woods is also a free agent next year. I know it would be tough to take a safety in the top 12, but having the # 1 player in a position doesn't hurt.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I agree with all of these. I hope T is not an issue. Also Morrison the CB from Notre Dame could come in and start. Mason Graham from Michigan or Deone Walker from Kentucky could replace Shy Tuttle(cutting him would save little over $6mil) Xavier Woods is also a free agent next year. I know it would be tough to take a safety in the top 12, but having the # 1 player in a position doesn't hurt.

Deone Walker is the DT prospect that I'm going to be watching this season. I'm very interested to see how him and JJ Weaver put that Kentucky defense on their backs. Having a starting DT on a rookie contract would also be awesome for off-setting DB's contract.

Very eager to see Morrison in action and how his shoulder does over the course of the season.

• Pie 2

The assumption here is that he was even interested in coming to Carolina. Can't rule out that the team didn't contact him and it was not a viable possibility for one reason or another.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1