• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rapoport on Bryce: "Everyone had Bryce Young #1"

Icege

6 hours ago, SOJA said:

The only thing I know for certain is that Houston would have taken him number one overall had Davis Mills not won on a miracle TD throw. Would have saved us from ourselves 

Only reason people keep saying that is because Hou HC went to Alabama. 

The HC himself said he didn't need to trade to #1 because he knew the Panthers was NOT taking the QB they wanted and this was before the draft when the Panthers got cute and thought they could get Hou to trade with them... Tepper even said so 

Also after the trade up to #1 there was plenty of people that wanted CJ over Young it became a big thing was even polls and CJ was winning but like said once it became clear it would be Young most just tried to get onboard and hope for the best.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yea but you don't need to trade multiple 1st round picks to move up.  We could have easily lost more games by letting Rhule continue.  We should have taken on the chin and drafted someone at 9.  The trade is ridiculous.  Giving up all of that to roll the dice on a QB is insane, because there's another QB dice roll built into the return we gave up.  We could have easily secured the #1 selection without Bryce last season.

The 49ers did what they did because they have a stacked roster that's got a limited window.  That's a different situation.  We have no window.  The frame isn't even up.

The 2024 pick being the first was a result of us failing after the trade was made. At the time of the trade, what Chicago was wanting wasn’t that bad IMO. We navigated it poorly and then stumbled into the season with no clue what we were doing. 

6 hours ago, NCBlu said:

Only reason people keep saying that is because Hou HC went to Alabama. 

The HC himself said he didn't need to trade to #1 because he knew the Panthers was NOT taking the QB they wanted and this was before the draft when the Panthers got cute and thought they could get Hou to trade with them... Tepper even said so 

Also after the trade up to #1 there was plenty of people that wanted CJ over Young it became a big thing was even polls and CJ was winning but like said once it became clear it would be Young most just tried to get onboard and hope for the best.  

Ryans still won’t say Stroud was his top QB in that draft. If he was, why not say it now? He went back to Young and Stroud were the top 2 QBs in that draft. Also we were willing to move up to 2 for Stroud, but they knew we would take Young at 1? Seems like a bold gamble for a QB that wanted and thought was best in the draft. Now we have Ian claiming most teams had Young at 1. It appears Houston preferred Young, but we’re happy staying at 2 for Stroud and trading for Anderson. 

There is literally not one thing Bryce does better than CJ

Bryce is supposedly a playmaker… the amount of plays CJ extended last season and made things happen while Bryce just stood there and let himself get hit a lot more than he needed to

Thats why Dave is harping on this 2.7 seconds crap. If nothing is there in 2.7 seconds then move. This isn’t Bama, Bryce 

It's funny looking back because I remember the Levis rumors before the trade and we all hated it. He was probably the guy had we stayed put.

i have no problem with the move up. There was a strong chance the top QBs would all be gone and I don't think we could afford to just sit and pray. 

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

It's funny looking back because I remember the Levis rumors before the trade and we all hated it. He was probably the guy had we stayed put.

i have no problem with the move up. There was a strong chance the top QBs would all be gone and I don't think we could afford to just sit and pray. 

More my style... not Levis in particular, but the assets from trading back added to the non spent trade up assets, it is a really different picture. Plus you might not be compelled to take WRs high two years running, with DJ on the roster.

And you have a decent shot in Levis. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bryce is supposedly a playmaker… the amount of plays CJ extended last season and made things happen while Bryce just stood there and let himself get hit a lot more than he needed to

Thats why Dave is harping on this 2.7 seconds crap. If nothing is there in 2.7 seconds then move. This isn’t Bama, Bryce 

I'm holding out hope that it was some combination of our OL and coaching because Reich didn't even try to play him that way. He was sold as this Russell Wilson type but they had him just standing in the pocket throwing dinks all season (the thing Wilson's worst at, whaddyaknow...)

Edited by MechaZain

37 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

He beat him in a head to head matchup. I think that would count as something he does better 

5 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

He beat him in a head to head matchup. I think that would count as something he does better 

Not if it was in school ball. That is worth less than a preseason game in the NFL.

19 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Bro, I KNOW you know that Bryce and CJ don’t line up against each other.